Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New - Ford 76 F-100 with a 4.8 Vortec

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been working in the truck, is getting there, we installed the gas pedal, we had to modify the pedal, wecut about 1-1/2" and weld it again, paint it black, we now have to drill the hole for the wire that goes into the tac module. I'm laying out the fule lines, how close to the fuel tank do I need to install the walbro in-line pump, or whats the farter that you can install it.

On this next picture, do you know what is the purple plug, I was thinking that it was for the MAP sensor but I founf teh plug for tha MAP sensor, is almost the same except the guides are different, this plug is running along all the wires taht goes to the tranny, does any one know where does it goes.

This are the wires that goes to the tranny, question, this set of wires are running along with one of the oxygen sensor, which side does it goes, is it the driver side or is it the passenger side.

Just a picture of the gas pedal

Thanks for the info
Old 08-26-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice project. I look forward to see the finished product.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks MYSTIC-1SC.

Anyone with information on the plug or which oxygen sensor plugs goes where.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2010, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Here are some pictures of the truck, is almost complete, we installed the fron tof the truck on Saturday. We almost complete the fuels system I am using braided lines, we just need to add a hole to the tank for the return line. I also send the computer to Brendan (lt1swap) so he can remove what I dont need. I also order the gauge cluster from Digital Dakota for the truck. So the swap is almost done, hopefully everything goes as plan.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Well, the truck is almost done, hopefully I can have it running by Friday, we just need to modify the fuel tank a bit and then install it along with the fuel lines. I install the gauges from Digital Dakota, they look good, here are a few pics of teh gauges.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

can I use the factory air compressor, or do I need an aftermarket AC compressor.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

What did u do for a/c I'm doing 79 and I think I'm gonna use a adapter that bolts to alternator bracket and accepts vortec 4 bolt compressor since lines are right there

Quick Reply: New - Ford 76 F-100 with a 4.8 Vortec