Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jeff !

Glenn
Old 02-23-2011, 10:16 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by wtf.suv
soooooo whats happening?
We are supposed to get the new transmission crossmember brackets this week, if so we'll be able to verify everything and have them added to the website next week. We've been at a stand still with all of the parts built and coated accept the crossmembers, sorry for the delay.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

IT's great to see things are progressing forward.

Thanks for the updates.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:33 PM
FormerVendor

Earlier today the shipment of our Chevy 2-4L60E redesigned crossmember brackets showed up. After we verified all of the dimensions and fit them into the vehicle we are ready to strat production on them. The production shop is almost done with the current run of crossmembers and we are going to place these at the head of the line and should start the production run on them next week. Sorry for the delay! Here's a picture of the re-designed crossmember end bracket. Excuse the picture quality, I took it with my phone since it was faster. Here's a pic of the re-designed bracket. Excuse the picture quality, I took it with my phone since it was faster.
Attached Thumbnails 62-67 Chevy 2 Kits (Starting Mock-Up)-chevy_2_trans_brkt.jpg  

Last edited by BRPhotrods; 03-09-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Staging Lane

Could you guys have built these to fit the front end without centering the engine in the bay? To me you have now put this kit into the next bracket for guys to afford. With todays economy must guys are in budget mode. I believe you said the there is a additional cost of $499 for mounts? Could you please clarify the cost per peice vs the kit?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:51 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by greasemonkeychef
Could you guys have built these to fit the front end without centering the engine in the bay? To me you have now put this kit into the next bracket for guys to afford. With todays economy must guys are in budget mode. I believe you said the there is a additional cost of $499 for mounts? Could you please clarify the cost per peice vs the kit?
The short answer is NO, to get the headers to clear everything we had to center it. The conversion kit, which consists of the engine mounts, frame brackets, transmission crossmember, transmission mount & hardware cost $499.00. The 1 3/4" long tube headers cost $669.00 and the 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" are $839.00. Sorry if that seems high-priced to you, but that is what we have claculated the cost build and market these items.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

I have just seen idividuals build "beautiful" headers themselves to fit between the towers with out centering the engine. I think you header price is good if you didnt have to buy all the other parts to make them work for this application IMO. I maybe just in a bad mood today though
Old 03-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

agreed, when this thread started it seemed like it was going to be the answer all the chevy ii guys that were looking for, a reasonably priced option for the stock clip, but now that you have to buy all the other mounts/hardware for it to work the cbr/stainless works headers are looking better all the time.. also getting tired of the waiting game
Oh no now there is two of us on the band wagon. I am like you this thread was first discribed as a solution for us chevy II guys and with being cost effective. About halfway through the tread we are told the motor is centered and a ADDITIONAL $499 . We will see how many of these kits sell and someone will probably realize they missed the make with this one.

I wonder if CBR can build the headers to fit???????????????????

Burk over on stevesnovasite did a beautiful job on the headers he make for his nova and it a stock front end I think?

All this is based on my opinion. No disrescest to BRP but you put yourself in the same price range as another nova based company with a superior product IMO.

I would not mind a "small" massage of the shock towers if it brought the cost way down.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by greasemonkeychef
Oh no now there is two of us on the band wagon. I am like you this thread was first discribed as a solution for us chevy II guys and with being cost effective. About halfway through the tread we are told the motor is centered and a ADDITIONAL $499 . We will see how many of these kits sell and someone will probably realize they missed the make with this one.

I wonder if CBR can build the headers to fit???????????????????

Burk over on stevesnovasite did a beautiful job on the headers he make for his nova and it a stock front end I think?

All this is based on my opinion. No disrescest to BRP but you put yourself in the same price range as another nova based company with a superior product IMO.

I would not mind a "small" massage of the shock towers if it brought the cost way down.
Like I said, sorry that seems high. For you guys I would suggest another route. There is a lot that goes into building a product and bringing to market. For the price hunters there are plenty of other routes.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Option #2 for those looking around. This is a hobby and its only fair to know all you current options. This Shorty/mid length. For stock steering.

http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums...d.php?t=171701
Old 03-21-2011, 03:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BRPhotrods
The short answer is NO, to get the headers to clear everything we had to center it. The conversion kit, which consists of the engine mounts, frame brackets, transmission crossmember, transmission mount & hardware cost $499.00. The 1 3/4" long tube headers cost $669.00 and the 1 3/4" stepped to 1 7/8" are $839.00. Sorry if that seems high-priced to you, but that is what we have claculated the cost build and market these items.
500 dollars for the kit really is not that bad. anyways i looked on the site in your sig and didnt find the kit? is it not for sale yet?
Old 03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

I believe its 500 for the mount kit and 500 for the headers,its listed somewhere in this thread.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:45 AM
FormerVendor

Yes, the conversion kit is $499. The headers are $669 for the 1 3/4" long tubes. They are not listed on the website yet, they are available if you call us at 770-751-0687. This kit turned out really good.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

$669.00 for headers + 499 for mounts.. a bit more than we were lead to believe at the beginning thats for sure. It pushed the price much closer to the cbr setup.

the endless delays also helped me make up my mind!
I sorry that you feel that you were led to believe the price would be lower, I stated early on that we would try and keep the price the same as our other kits between $479 and $499.

The price will be determined once we finalize how many parts we have to design and build for it, how much time it takes to build the parts once we have the jigs built and how much of a market there is for it. With that said we work hard to keep the price in the $479 to $499 for the conversion kit.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:43 PM
FormerVendor

Here is a picture of the Chevy 2 kit, this was one of the from the first production run before they were all sent out.
Attached Thumbnails 62-67 Chevy 2 Kits (Starting Mock-Up)-1xck60.jpg  
Old 05-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Staging Lane

anyone on this site use this kit? How did it work out?
Old 05-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

I am a bit surprised about all the price griping in this thread. These guys are making a niche product for a car that is 40+ years out of production. I just completed my swap where I made my own motor mount set up and I am here to tell you it is not something that you just "whip up" on a slow Saturday morning.
Then they have to set up and manufacture these items and stand behind them once on the market. All this for 500 bux? It is not like they are going to sell thousands of these kits. I am glad for all of the companies doing this for us hot rodders because I sure as hell would not work that cheap.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Staging Lane

Here is a picture of the Chevy 2 kit, this was one of the from the first production run before they were all sent out.
I went to your website and could not find the information, did I just miss it?
Thank you.
Glenn
Old 05-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I am a bit surprised about all the price griping in this thread. These guys are making a niche product for a car that is 40+ years out of production. I just completed my swap where I made my own motor mount set up and I am here to tell you it is not something that you just "whip up" on a slow Saturday morning.
Then they have to set up and manufacture these items and stand behind them once on the market. All this for 500 bux? It is not like they are going to sell thousands of these kits. I am glad for all of the companies doing this for us hot rodders because I sure as hell would not work that cheap.
Agreed 100%
Old 05-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I agree to a extent! However they have change the original game plan in IMO. Its advertise to work with a stock frontend. However they changed several of the variables by centering the engine in the bay rather than the original offset. This may cause issue with brake booster,ect? Also the kit was originally mentioned to be in the $600range for the headers then we were informed you need to buy the kit too. So then it went from $600+ for headers to 600+headers and $499 for mount kit. Another vendor will be offering a shorty header with "no mods" for the $500 range VERY SOON. PM me with any interest.

I was just see if anyone had used this kit and what there thoughts were on fitment and price. I have never seen BRP update this to there website either!

Quick Reply: 62-67 Chevy 2 Kits (Starting Mock-Up)