Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

62-67 Chevy 2 Kits (Starting Mock-Up)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greasemonkeychef
I agree to a extent! However they have change the original game plan in IMO. Its advertise to work with a stock frontend. However they changed several of the variables by centering the engine in the bay rather than the original offset. This may cause issue with brake booster,ect? Also the kit was originally mentioned to be in the $600range for the headers then we were informed you need to buy the kit too. So then it went from $600+ for headers to 600+headers and $499 for mount kit. Another vendor will be offering a shorty header with "no mods" for the $500 range VERY SOON. PM me with any interest.

I was just see if anyone had used this kit and what there thoughts were on fitment and price. I have never seen BRP update this to there website either!
The brake booster clears the engine with it centered, we mocked-up with the biggest booster that would clear the inner fender just to make sure. With the engine centered we were able to gain header clearance and also fit the F-Body a/c compressor. This thread was not started about the headers, the title is "62-67 Chevy 2 Kits (Starting Mock-up). I don't see headers anywhere in the title, so why do you think this thread was about headers and "then" the swap kit being secondary? We always build our conversion kits first, and we position the engine to where it gives the customer the most options for accesories, headers and fitment. In this case we were able to gain two things by centering the engine, the a/c fitment and addtional header clearance on the passenger side. The final price is $479 (which is the lower end of the price range I quoted at the beginning of this thread).

At this time we've sold the first pruction run of the conversion/swap kit and have recieved great information back from the customers. Now that we've recieved enough feedback we will list this product line on our website.

Since there is a limited number of GTO pans available, we are working with Moroso to build a pan to work with this conversion/swap kit.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Was it ever confirmed if this kit would work with the CBR R&P kit?

The price seems about right to me for what you get and considering those of us who want to run stock steering have very limited options.

CBR has long tube headers, but the necessary R&P conversion kit isn't in the budget right now. I know they're working on a shorty version for stock steering, but it was announced 4 months ago, and they haven't even started with mock-up, so it's still several months away from being ready. Plus they are shorties and would make less HP than the long tubes.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by xr4tic
Was it ever confirmed if this kit would work with the CBR R&P kit?

The price seems about right to me for what you get and considering those of us who want to run stock steering have very limited options.

CBR has long tube headers, but the necessary R&P conversion kit isn't in the budget right now. I know they're working on a shorty version for stock steering, but it was announced 4 months ago, and they haven't even started with mock-up, so it's still several months away from being ready. Plus they are shorties and would make less HP than the long tubes.
Sorry for the delay, I was on vacation for a few weeks. No, it does not work with the CBR Rack & Pinion kit.
Jeff

Quick Reply: 62-67 Chevy 2 Kits (Starting Mock-Up)