Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 trans am ls1/th400 w/ gearvendors

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice! Good job man can't wait for that video. I'm still debating on what to do for a harness, buy or modify myself. Picked up a quick ratio box from an IROC and slapped that on but need a pitman arm for it.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great! Dont do like I did, and the car left the road with me. The kids said if it's that fast what will it be like with the turbo?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for stainless lines loosen and tighten them a few times, since they are harder material it takes a little bit to get the seal, thats what inline tube told me to do...... worked fine after that
Old 03-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep up the good build work!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

i think i finally got the damn lines to stop leaking. was air bound like a ************. startin to slap on the sheetmetal and getting it back together. need to make a new return line for the power steering, but i'm going to run an aux power steering cooler and the current line is just temporary.

hopefully going to get it aligned next week if i can get it back together, and than its off to my buddy's shop to put on my exhaust and adjust the trans pressures. going to get my gauges going hopefully soon if i can get the money together, and than i'll be able to drive it. looks beat with the shitty paint, but itll be nice when its done.

zamora, the harness was easy as hell, if you want i'll draw up my schematic and send it to you. i still need to wire up the fan relays, and do some other minor things. going to finally mount my battery so i can finalize all my main accessory power wires, and my alt. wires. gunna be awesome to finally drive it soon!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nunan0219
zamora, the harness was easy as hell, if you want i'll draw up my schematic and send it to you. i still need to wire up the fan relays, and do some other minor things. going to finally mount my battery so i can finalize all my main accessory power wires, and my alt. wires. gunna be awesome to finally drive it soon!
That would be great. Don't sweat it though, I'm still time away from getting it fired up, but I'm sure it will still help out alot of other members. My biggest concern is the relay stuff and getting it to work with gauges, a SES light, and OBDII port and since the harness is uncut it might help. What might also help me is the fact that I have the relay box as well from the original car. Thanks!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:42 AM
On The Tree

when i get all of my fans wired up and my power wires finalized, i'll make a final schematic and post it up here. i'll be using factory gauges on the 79 for right now until i have the money for some autometers
Old 04-12-2011, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

long time since my last update, been workin on it like crazy to get it ready to drive for the spring. brought it up to my buddy's shop who has a lift.
makin custom down pipes to fit up to the pypes crossflow system i previously had.
finished my power wires, just need to wire up the fan relays

already set up my trans pressure settings, just need to test drive it once the exhaust is on (runnin rich since the o2 is so close to the end of the manifolds, suckin air past the o2s in between pulses and makin the sensors thinkin they're runnin lean, so its dumpin fuel)

its amazing how clean these engines run, while in open loop you can barely smell the car running at all.

i'll snap some pictures today of it if i remember too, and post a general update on the car. hoping to drive it by the end of the week/early weekend. getting some mandrel bent tubes to make the downpipes by hopefully thursday. will post a video of it running and a general walk around as soon as the exhaust is on.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Update!!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

well i've taken it for a few test drives already. my trans pressures wont go down for some reason, i think the governor valve is sticking so i have to figure that out. on the last test drive my tv cable housing decided to pop outta the trans and allow some fluid to escape on the tail end of my 40 min test drive. so i need to figure that out tomorrow.

still no gaugess, need to figure out a few more things like closin up the openings in the firewall from the a/c/heater, get the gauges workin, figure out the overflow, the wipers, my headlights/turn signals. lots of little things to do now before i can start reliably drivin it
Old 06-07-2011, 06:28 AM
On The Tree

found out someone had been in this trans before, and the inner tv valve had no return spring. so i dropped the valve body, replaced the parts and upgraded a few things inside. just need to get the filter in it, and bolt the pan back up. hooked up the over flow, got the headlights and turns signals worked out. over the next 2 weeks (wont be goin to any car shows cuz i'm goin to connecticut over this weekend) i'm gunna try and get the interior back in, hook up the gauges, and start closin in my firewall and the trunk area
Old 06-07-2011, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

pics???
Old 08-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Launching!

hey just checking on where you are? havent heard from you

Quick Reply: 79 trans am ls1/th400 w/ gearvendors