Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

power Steering Resovoir Dimensions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010 | 01:37 PM
Teching In

Default power Steering Resovoir Dimensions

So I've got a 1999 Corvette LS1 that I'm swapping.

unfortunately the space between the throttle body actuator and the intake is pretty tight and the Corvette Power Steering reservoir no longer fits.

I was wondering if anyone knows the dimensions of the F-body reservoir as it looks like that one is a bit more narrow.

Failing that does anyone know where I could get a metal neck/cap assembly for power steering so I could just weld up a box and make my own?
Old 09-29-2010 | 02:02 PM
Launching!

you could get a pretty chrome remote mount one and put it where ever you want
Old 09-29-2010 | 02:16 PM
On The Tree

You can get a nice cap and neck from chassisshop.com

Iv'e made a couple of remote reservoirs out of a couple of old GM receiver dryers tig'd together but it is a lot easier to buy a remote bottle off of ebay and plumb it that way. The last one i bought on fleabay was $15 and I think the cap assembly from Chassis Shop is about $25

The inlet on the LS Saginaw TS pump is kinda small. I've drilled them and tapped them for a pipe to AN-8 fitting for the remote reservoir.
Old 09-29-2010 | 02:27 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think I can answer your question, but I can show you a picture of my F-body pump and reservoir mounted next to a C5 Corvette DBW throttle body. It fit fine, I just had to make a pressure-side power steering tube and hose that would not interfere with the throttle body motor. Check out the last series of pictures on my website: http://www.buyrcars.com/jag.htm

Originally Posted by twistedsymphony
So I've got a 1999 Corvette LS1 that I'm swapping.

unfortunately the space between the throttle body actuator and the intake is pretty tight and the Corvette Power Steering reservoir no longer fits.

I was wondering if anyone knows the dimensions of the F-body reservoir as it looks like that one is a bit more narrow.
Old 09-29-2010 | 03:22 PM
Teching In

thanks for the advice...

here's a pic of my engine bay:

it's hard to tell but since I'm using corvette accessories the Alt prevents me from placing the PS reservoir to the side of the throttle body.

I could run a remote but I'd prefer to place it in the stock location just to help keep the bay clean and tidy.
Old 09-29-2010 | 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Looks good!

If you do decide to use a remote PS reservoir and you want to keep the stock GM look, the Chevy Express vans have a nice remote reservoir that is probably pretty readily available.

Quick Reply: power Steering Resovoir Dimensions