Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Nova 1972 Nova LS1 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did not make the 2 hour trip one of my tires had a Knot come up on it about a hour in to the trip and we had to turn around and come back home. And the car was acting a little crazy if we hit a bum it would all most die for just a sec and then pick back up i think i have a wire loose are some thing it would not do it all the time just comes and goes on the trip and has never done it any other time just started yesterday.

Looks like i need some new tires and only after 13 years.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to add some new stuff to the thread i took my nova on the 2012 Hot Rod Power Tour and put just about 1000 miles on it in 3 days car ran great the full trip and was getting around 23mpg and was just a BLAST to drive with all the other old cars.

If any of you guys ever get to go on the Hot Rod Power Tour DO IT but make sure your car can sit in traffic for hours with out over heating at one stop we sat in traffic for 45min and it was about 98 out side temp my car did great the motor temps stayed right at 210 for 45min and never got any hotter.

Seen Lots of cars Over heat trying to idle in traffic but most of the LS cars i Seen did real good. Lots of LS cars on the power tour.

Last edited by thenova70ss; 07-24-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Quick Reply: The Nova 1972 Nova LS1 Swap