Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I use the F-Body cluster with my swap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I use the F-Body cluster with my swap?

Hi Guys, I'm hoping someone can fill me in. I've started my swap. I'm installing an '02 Camaro LS1 6 speed into my 64 Skylark convertible. I bought the Camaro complete (side hit). I'm on a budget and was hoping to use as much as possible from the donor car including the steering column, pedal assembly, gauge cluster, fuel sending unit and entire wiring harness for lights and all.

I wont be using would be the ABS, TCS, airbag system, front and rear axles.

I would love to keep the cruise and gauges but are they tied in to some of these systems? Can these things be programmed out?

I will be fitting the motor this weekend, clip is off and old motor is out.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Gene
Old 11-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Default Please help me from making a mistake this weekend

Any help please? If using the F series dash harness will work, I will be removing the original 64 harness this weekend.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes, I have seen a few where they have swapped in the complete (or near) engine and enough of the body harness to use the dash.. You have to also use the BCM also.

Sounds like since your using many of the donor cars parts that it would be easy enough.. Would recommend that you get a printout or a FSM to help you ID, trace and route.

Don't know enough about the Body/BCM system to know what you have to do or if anything can be flashed out.

Good luck..let everyone know what you find.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks so much for your input. Through a somewhat local speed shop I was able to track down a guy who does the programming side of these swaps. After talking with him I felt good about making the swap this way.
I pulled out the old column, harness and just gutted everything tonight. Looks like the cluster may work out nice. I'm having way too much fun. Can't wait to start fitting it all up.

Thanks again,

Gene

Quick Reply: Can I use the F-Body cluster with my swap?