Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 Brunton Super Stalker

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 599 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Evan78
Would you prefer to own 1 Atom or 2 to 4 Lotus 7's?
I haven't seen ( i don't think) the Lotus. Do I think the Atom is a good deal? Hell no. But its a cool ride for the few of us with more money than common sense.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo1367
I haven't seen ( i don't think) the Lotus. Do I think the Atom is a good deal? Hell no. But its a cool ride for the few of us with more money than common sense.
Sorry, I didn't make my point very clearly. The Brunton Stalker is a Lotus 7 replica. There's dozens of kit car manufacturers making variations of the original Lotus 7. They're also known as Locosts, as in Low-Cost.

The Atom starts at $50k assembled whereas the Brunton Stalker is available as various kit stages for $10-$20k.

Those that are willing and able to do more of the work themselves bypass the kit manufacturers and buy just a frame or even weld up the frame themselves. If you can avoid purchasing a kit, people have built running cars for under $10k.

On top of being more expensive, you can't buy an Atom with an LS, either =)
Old 11-21-2010, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like oiling is going to be a bigger issue than I thought. I think anything short of a full dry sump isn't going to cut it.

The lsx stalker that won the kit car challenge is running an ls3 with full dry sump. Pretty amazing car driven by an ex sprint car driver John Meyers
Old 11-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sciff5
Looks like oiling is going to be a bigger issue than I thought. I think anything short of a full dry sump isn't going to cut it.

The lsx stalker that won the kit car challenge is running an ls3 with full dry sump. Pretty amazing car driven by an ex sprint car driver John Meyers
This car? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3036474

Do you have any other sources of info on his car?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evan78
This car? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3036474

Do you have any other sources of info on his car?
Funny you ask because I just posted an intro thread on a lotus7 board and he actually responded directly to my post.

http://www.usa7s.org/vb/showthread.php?t=5802

Pretty cool and the car is for sale although I'm sure he'll be asking premium money for it.. hell wouldent you with a track record like that?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:20 AM
Teching In

The LS powered stalkers are really starting to take over. John Meyers has a LS3 hotcam stalker that he dominated the Run N gun with. He also finished 1st in grassroots trackday challenge for non professional teams hitting 170 mph on the straight away and beating GT3 cup cars and ferrari challenge cars. The car is indeed stable at high speeds, spite the lack of aero. The term "lotus 7" should be used a lot more loosely as they are all different. The stalker has a much lower sleeker nose with a scoop on top. Combine that with several different windshield options, or none at all, roll bar VS cage, and if any type air diffusers get used on top of the fender. You can get several different readings. Bottom line is, its fast, stable, reliable, and predictable. The underlying theory for the LS stalker over boosted 4 cylinder is that the big HP (350+) is going to be reliable and last. You can also unpack a brand new crate motor and throw it in the stalker and have 60k mile warranty on 400+ hp

There is one guy that owns a 3.4 stalker, a super stalker, and a supercharged Atom. His 3.4 stalker (160hp) pulls faster lap times than his supercharged Atom. The atom has horrible snap oversteer and is extremely unpredictable to drive. Not to mention, way over priced.

The standard 7.625 chevy rear end with LSD has proven to handle the HP. So far in stalkers there is one LS3, 2 LS7's and 2 LS1s. The new chassis' can hold either T5, TKO, or T56 transmissions.

The stock oil pans have been working well although you can never go wrong with a dry sump. There are cheaper options for keeping your oil pump full like baffles and doors. Currently we are experiencing 1.7 G's on the new goodyear slicks.

There is also a %10 discount right now until Dec 31st on all kit orders.

Scott Minehart
www.bruntonauto.com
info@bruntonauto.com

Quick Reply: Ls1 Brunton Super Stalker