Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

virtual dashboard, oil pressure, hp tuner questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default virtual dashboard, oil pressure, hp tuner questions

I am going to put a ls1 or aluminum 5.3(depending on price) in my 85 Chris Craft, and I have a few questions. I have been reading /lurking trying to get up to speed on these motors without asking to many stupid questions for a few days but I just couldn't help myself, I've got a few. I want to use a laptop with a virtual dashboard for gauges and i read somewhere that oil pressure can't be read through the obdII, is this true? I also haven't come across a reference to a fuel pressure sensor, does the network include one? Does hp tuner include a virtual dashboard app or do I have to purchase separate software? I haven't got my head wrapped around the fuel system yet either, I thought I read that other than the first couple of years which where 2 pipe the later cars had a combination fuel pump/regulator(or maybe it was a sending unit which I don't know what that is?) in the tank and ran a single pipe system. I took this to mean that the pump in the tank was high pressure. is this correct? Thanks for your time.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Only the newer green/blue PCM`s with the 3 wire oil pressure sensor can be read via the OBDII. The 98-02 PCMs do not know what the oil pressure is.
As far as I know none of the PCM`s use a fuel pressure sensor.
HPT has a scanner that has a customizeable dashboard.
All the fuel pumps are intank high pressure. Early vettes 97-98 IIRC and the 99-01 or 02 trucks use a feed and return line, everything else is a single line. The vette fuel filter/regulator is useful in swaps.

Quick Reply: virtual dashboard, oil pressure, hp tuner questions