Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 into 95 mustang k-member decision help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 03:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default LS1 into 95 mustang k-member decision help!!

Has anybody swapped an LSX into a 94 or 95 using the stock 5 liter k-member? I really don't want to go to a tubular k-member, this will be a daily driver that will see about 5K miles/year on lousy illinois roads.

I see that BRP offers a kit for the foxes but they cannot verify fitment in a 95. Furthermore there website makes it sound like a caddy oil pan is required, I've got a f-body pan and would like to use it. I have no problem with fabbing the mounts but don't want to waste my time if it just can't be done (without firewall modification).

BTW, I'm hoping to be able to use the BRP mid-length headers.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the planning stages for my 94 right now.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ld-thread.html

He was able to use the AJE K-member, I'll probably go that route. The BRP kit looks good, but I'd rather replace the k-member for the weight savings anyways.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, the AJE k-member has been used numerous times successfully. I'd rather not use it even though there are significant advantages (weight, space...). In my opinion its great for the weekend warrior or track only car but doesn't seem very safe for a driver.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boostnut
In my opinion its great for the weekend warrior or track only car but doesn't seem very safe for a driver.
Do you have any experience with the AJE K-member or a link that shows it as unsafe?

That's the second time I read that it is unsafe for street driving, but I'm having trouble finding out why people think that. Have people on here had them fail?

My car will be mostly street driven, so I'd like to know more about the problems with AJE. If they are not good quality, I don't want to risk it.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Tim, I shouldn't single out AJE here. I guess my concern is with tube k-members in general. I've talked to a few people who have run them and been involved in collisions, the outcomes were not good. I've also read about people finding cracks in them. Personally, I've worked in the tube bending/forming/welding industry for 12 years and I just dont know if I feel comfortable with 1 piece of tubing tieing my frame rails together on a unibody car. I am planning to contact them to find out some specifics, especially on their optional road racing specific piece. It appears to have undergone some changes over the years but looks a bit beefier.

Has anybody fit an LSX in a mustang with a 5.0 k-member and an F-body pan?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MM K-member. The LS drops right in with Mod motor mounts. Yes, really it's that simple.

Quick Reply: LS1 into 95 mustang k-member decision help!!