Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1937 Ford twin Turbo LSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie2011

Next time I'm down in Cali, I'm heading to your shop to see that stuff in person. Damn nice work with alot of effort there. You like Canuck beer?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll follow on YB. Not the first time I've seen idiocy from IB.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:58 PM

Updates on yellow bullet...
Old 01-30-2011, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

love it. how overkill is an intake like this when youre putting that much boost at it?

how much bigger do you think the transaxle is than a vette/porsche?
Old 01-30-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Irish350
love it. how overkill is an intake like this when youre putting that much boost at it?

how much bigger do you think the transaxle is than a vette/porsche?
Well I don't know how overkill it is going to be, I'm of the opinion that I'll just do it as good as I can and we'll see what the results are... I think when you start making this kinda hp it can't hurt.

The transaxle is considerably bigger than a porsche g50 which I looked into while researching the decision. it is close to 50 lbs more if I remember correctly. The main thing is, no amount of modifications can make a porsche unit as strong as this. Again with this kinda hp gotta go all the way. The other option was a mendeola unit, but the price tag on one of those is a little steep and they are harder to find used than the gt unit. The vette transaxle is a totally different deal since the transmission portion is in front of the axle centerline which makes it not work for this type of settup, it would have pushed the front of the motor forward another 16" from where it is now based on the axle centerline.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:00 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eddie2011
What a load of crap, this thread is about my personal car I am building. The board just changed my user name and removed my name saying I am soliciting business. This is no different than any other "build" thread on here. It benefits the entire board by sharing information and is simply entertainment for me and the people following it. No where in this thread am I "pushing" my business or services. I wouldn't have minded a request to remove my website address from my sig, even though that would still seems unnecessary. But to just come and change my entire profile is a little extreme. I have used my user name on other boards for years prior to starting my business under that name.

I agree 100%.
I dont find it to be very professional to just take it upon yourself and remove such said items as well as every picture. This is an enthusiasts site, correct? I think Eddie is quite the enthusiast as well one of the best metal magicians out there.
The propper method would have been to contact him and explain the sutuation BEFORE taking any actions.
Mind you, the thread started 12-28-10 and I notice things have changed on 01-24-11, thats 28 days of posting with nothing but posotive feedback.

Its just wrong

Thats just my 2cents.
Back to the subject.

Eddie,
Its lookin good man, some quality work.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 PM

see what this forum is missing

Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you sir, are a true craftsman. sorry for the sig *****