Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

57 Chassis C4 Corvette Front and Rear, Stage 4 + SS Kit + 32 Gallon Fuel Tank by HRJ

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 57 Chassis C4 Corvette Front and Rear, Stage 4 + SS Kit + 32 Gallon Fuel Tank by HRJ

One we built for Don in San Antonio, Hes close enough for me to go take photos for him and post up. He's got a 57 4 Door Sedan and a 2 Door Hardtop he can't decide which to put on the chassis just yet. He's also tied up between an LS2 and LS3. I'm trying to talk him into a build LQ block and have some real fun.

The highlights

Hot Rod Jim C4 Frame # 46
Stage 4 rolling chassis
92 Corvette suspension front and rear
Dana 44 Differential with 3.73 gear upgrade
SS kit
  • QA1 dual adjustable coil over shocks
  • Front and rear adjustable sway bars
  • Adjustable rear 4 bar (this really helps dial in your launch with a C4 rear)
Hot Rod Jim Custom 32.5 Gallon fuel tank
  • Aluminum Tig welded
  • 255 LPH Fuel Pump (650 HP @ 60 PSI)
  • 0-90 ohm sending unit
  • all AN hardware
  • easily removable flex lines from under the car
  • quick drop cradle
  • NOTE: You do have to take out the spare tire well to fit the tank

I'm trying to trade him my basket case 2 Door hard top for his 4 Door Sedan so I can have a 57 again but this time I can really use it. I loved my 2 door but it was just hard to take people or stuff in a 2 door. If you don't remember I only had my Black Widow 57 Sedan with a very similar chassis for 7 months and I put almost 12k on the clock, since I live at the shop I have no commute, that was driving anywhere because the car would get 28 MPG if you drove like a civilized person and would run 13.2 on street tires with 58 PSI in them, all day long on pump gas. So I plan on making a new DD car and dumping the Subaru. We'll see, his hardtop's in rough shape and mines all there and I have new quarters for it. Should be fun, I'll keep you all posted.

Later
-Russell
Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey whats up Russell i didnt know you had a account here, i came to your shop like last year with my buddy Al.

Looks like a cool build, your frames are awesome. You should tell your buddy to build a LQ block and boost it!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow nice frame
Old 01-26-2011, 06:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Another bad @$$ ride. You guys do excellent work!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:09 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jay7199
Hey whats up Russell i didnt know you had a account here, i came to your shop like last year with my buddy Al.

Looks like a cool build, your frames are awesome. You should tell your buddy to build a LQ block and boost it!
I remember, You should search my name, I've got a bunch of builds on here, My 57 Sedan a few years back, both 32 Roadsters and the PT-57 is in my sig.

Originally Posted by Franky69c10
Wow nice frame
Originally Posted by gofastwclass
Another bad @$$ ride. You guys do excellent work!
Thanks guys
-Russell

Quick Reply: 57 Chassis C4 Corvette Front and Rear, Stage 4 + SS Kit + 32 Gallon Fuel Tank by HRJ