Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Kooks 6450s in their A Body?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Kooks 6450s in their A Body?

Has anyone used the Kooks 6450 A body headers? and if so, how are the clearances? They are the only 1 7/8 headers i can find. Thanks
Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Teching In

I am trying to put a set into my 65' and so far they hit everything and wont fit. I called them and i am watiing for a reply. I used edelbrock engine mounts and it seems like the engine is too far forward. If the engine was shifted back 2" it seems like they would be ok.....but my engine will hit the fire wall if i push it back that far. i will probably just make my own.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Staging Lane

Thats not what i wanted to hear. I was wanting to move my engine forward so the ac would clear, but i was afraid the headers would not fit. I may have to have a set custom built. Probably cost about the same as the Kooks. I am going to go through Summitt, so hopefully no return issues if they dont fit.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Got a call back from them told them the situation, they said i needed to use there mounts.........i order them from summit, got them today put them on , and the same deal....there is no way they will fit without serious modificaton to the frame or the headers......i think im gonna send the whole works back and make my own.

Quick Reply: Anyone have Kooks 6450s in their A Body?