Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wireing help

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wireing help

Just tried getting my car running and no go. It's a 68 Camaro that I installed a 2002 LS1 with all of the wiring ( I'm putting the whole dash and interior out of the 02 in it ) including the body control module. I removed all of the abs, air bag, stereo, air pump, traction control, throttle actuator, and maybe a few more undeeded things. I've got the instument cluster working. All of the guages seem to work. Fuel pump is pumping. Lights work. It just will not crank. Will not even turn over. I can power the purple wire to starter from the relay and it will turn over. So I manualy grounded the yellow and black wire at the back of the relay and this will allow the key to do the cranking but there is no fire. I suspect this has something to do with the body control module. Probably something I dissconnected somewhere but I cant seem to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?????/

This did come out of a running car that I drove to my house so I know it use to work.

Thanks, Dion
Old 02-22-2011, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Forgot to mention that I installed the steering column out of the 2002 also. The same key is being used with the security stuff in it.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Auto or manual?

If it's a manual the clutch needs to be pressed before it will start. Do you have that wire hooked up?
Old 02-22-2011, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Its a automatic and I do have the nuetral saftey switch hooked up. I still don't have a clue what it could be.