Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

66 Chevy ll wagon 5.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 66 Chevy ll wagon 5.3 swap

I just picked up a 5.3 w/ trans harness and ecm, going to put it in my 66 chevy ll wagon, I've searched on here but haven't come up w/ much on headers or manifolds that will fit with a stock front subframe. Any ideas on what'll work I'm trying to do this on the cheap side so custom headers are out of the question.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ssleeper94
I just picked up a 5.3 w/ trans harness and ecm, going to put it in my 66 chevy ll wagon, I've searched on here but haven't come up w/ much on headers or manifolds that will fit with a stock front subframe. Any ideas on what'll work I'm trying to do this on the cheap side so custom headers are out of the question.
Good luck on the "cheap" part. You are right, there is nothing on here, or even Steve's Nova Site, related to exhaust that will be cheap. If you want cheap, get a header kit, and build your own.

Some folks have had luck running Schonefield Headers, but had to cut the shock towers...do a search on here for Schonefield.....(not sure on spelling) I think the user was Josh Slother than used them..... no one has been able to find a stock manifold of any kind to work on a stock front end, or clip for that matter.....

I have a link to some headers I know will work, but you are not going to like it. They are very high quality, but cheap, they are not.....

Good luck in your quest for "cheap", I think you are in trouble already.....

T,
Old 02-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck with your build! I am on the eader hunt too for my 64. I was contacted a few weeks ago about a possible solution to the problem from certain vendor. However they are just in the planning stages so I cannot say for sure if they will build them. I am sure it will be posted though

MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED TOO. THE PRICE SOUNDED RIGHT. And I am a cheap s.o.b.

Quick Reply: 66 Chevy ll wagon 5.3 swap