Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reasonably priced EFI regulator ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reasonably priced EFI regulator ?

Hey ,
I am working on an LS1 conversion in my 39 Ford with a Pro-Flo XT manifold & need a decent fuel press regulator for non-stock style Edelbrock fuel rails.
I know the corvette one is ferquently used but that is integral with the stock fuel rail only isn't it ? Any one know of another one under $200 ? Way under $200 ??
Here's another one, I also need a Mass Airflow sensor. WHat stock one should I look for ? Is a Corvette one any different than a truck one ? I have heard GM is more reliable than an aftermarket, what is the general opinion ?
Old 03-05-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The corvette one is actually the fuel filter that also regulates the outlet pressure. It has three fittings on it. You can mount it under the car and only have one fuel line running up to the engine compartment. You also don't have to have a maf. You can always run speed density if you want.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Isn't speed density much less accurate for giving the motor the correct amount of fuel for the conditions or am I all messed up ?
Old 03-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Staging Lane

That's not really something you should be skimping on. Try Summit or Jegs. Sometimes they rebrand under their names and sell them cheaper.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Teching In

I looked at the corvette fuel filter, looks like it should work, especially with the SAE to AN adapter fittings. So I should be able to run a -6 to the filter, and out from the filter to the motor (running a return back to the tank from the filter), put in a Y and tie he other ends of the rails together with another -6 correct?
Old 03-06-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

You can just block the one end of the fuel rail (no need for 2 cross overs) And yes keep the MAF it will help with idle and get you better gas mileage.

Quick Reply: reasonably priced EFI regulator ?