Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My wiring harness build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aknovaman
You guys are adding tons of work by completely disassembling the hole harness and tuning it into a spaghetti mess. There are much easier was of re-working a harness.
You fail. For not noticing that I never had an LSx harness to disassemble. I'm having to piece together a harness from old, non-LSx harnesses, because I can do that for 1/20 the cost of just buying a whole LSx harness. Please stay out of my thread.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Okay, I'm back to work on my harness some more this evening. Yesterday being Sunday, I obviously couldn't make any progress. That'd be the sin of sabbath-breaking.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work, but that is going to be a TON of soldered connections. FAR more than I would comfortable running and trouble shooting.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

ISOLDE, Hey buddy, lighten up.

If you needed a harness, I would gladly have sent you a FREE good conditin used harness for actual shipping costs just so you would not have to go through the pain of building one from scratch.

BUT after your snappy comment, enjoy your struggles. Best of luck and hope you dont burn your project to the ground with an electrical fire.

With that attitude, I doubt you'll get much assitance here. Yeh, looks like I generally fail at wiring and programming huh...just look at some of my projects in my sig block.

Respectfully, I sincerely hope you have a good day.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 199 Likes on 145 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Isolde

this is the desired result
Seriously? Are you goin to solder all of those wires? Seems like alot of potential wiring gremlins doing it this way. Intermittent wiring problems are a total pain in the *** to trace down in the car. Seems like you would have been better off buying a used truck harness off here in the parts section, I see them all the time and they're not all that much. Just my $0.02
Old 03-28-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with above. That's alot of soldering to do. It may not add enough resistance to the circuit to cause any issues, but considering you will want to get it over with, mistakes can and will be made.

For the record, it's much harder to remove all the pins from the PCM connector bodies and re-pin the connector. If I were to do it all over again, I would of hacked the connectors off that weren't needed, and pulled the pin out of the body and be done. The way that people are showing it can get pretty confusing pretty quick and is pretty overwhelming.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

More progress, and more pics.
Before I started this, I made 4 dozen calls, trying to find ANY used LSx harness for under $300 delivered. It flat is NOT possible. So far, I have less than $15 in this one, including the soldering iron. I cannot take criticism, it's stressful and unnecessary. If you don't like my way, fine.
Now, here's where I was at after breakfast early on Monday morning:

No luck finding the alternator bracket, but I found something else to do. Each injector has a pink wire for 12v hot. Plus a few other connections also have it. So I separated all of those out, like so:

Quick Reply: My wiring harness build thread