Sponsored by:

Please help, ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help, ASAP

I'm in a race aginst time & others...
Have a chance to "have my way with" a destroyed '08 Hummer H2. Has a 6.0. The intake may be damaged along with (possibly) some front accesories. I can have any & all things engine related for $1200.00
Good deal? What else would I need from it? I'm basicly clueless about which vehicles have drive by wire, etc...
Other vultures are circling, I need to move fast. Can someone knowledgable text me @ 502-475-2983
Old 04-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Woa! "wiki-stupidia" claims the '08 H2 has the aluminum 6.2!!!!
Do I want to fool with the variable valve timing? Is there good aftermarket support for it?
The country bumpkin salvage owner says it's an '08 with a 6.0...
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not an expert on models that recent but my engine has "6.0" stamped right on it. I know you can verify the engine by using the VIN also but I don't have the info on which digit will I.D. the motor for you. The price seems good to me. I think they make a carb intake for those heads but I am not 100% certain...that is the route I would go ($.02). You would have to do some research on the cam. Maybe contact Comp Cams or a performance shop to verify that you can get a standard (non VVT) cam...I am fairly certain you can. Wish I could help more but there have been some changes since my '05 motor and I don't want to steer you wrong.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:16 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get it. I'll trade you even for a 2000 LQ4 if you want that instead
Old 04-15-2011, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seems like could be good deal esp if it is the 6.2 how many miles are on it? If I were you I would try to get all wiring gas pedal fuse block everything you can even if u don't use it you could resell and make some money back. Just make sure there is no damage to the block or crank from the accident.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Grab that deal up. Get the motor, trans, computer and every piece of wire that hooks between the three including the gas pedal assembly. Grab the radiator and fans if they are going to let you. Hell, get the airbox and ducting and even the stinking air freshener on the rear view mirror while you are in there. At that price you can't go wrong.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Teching In

I called the guy again, he sounds like he's the cousin who took the leg irons off the fellas on "O'Brother Where Art Thou?"
He says come look at it.

"It's U-shaped. The frame is touching the ground. Trans is broke in two. It's been rolled. The intake looks busted..."

That's the only description I can get out of him. If I ask anything, he just says come (2.5 hours away) look at it.
Guess it's road trip time. Hope the trans isn't ripped from the engine.
Old 04-16-2011, 10:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

08 H2 6.2 L92....jump on it!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by who-nxt
I called the guy again, he sounds like he's the cousin who took the leg irons off the fellas on "O'Brother Where Art Thou?"
He says come look at it.

"It's U-shaped. The frame is touching the ground. Trans is broke in two. It's been rolled. The intake looks busted..."

That's the only description I can get out of him. If I ask anything, he just says come (2.5 hours away) look at it.
Guess it's road trip time. Hope the trans isn't ripped from the engine.
Sounds like a good deal as long as the block isn't damaged, I'd take a real good look at it before handing over the cash.

And you should probably hurry up or someone else is gonna r u n n o f t with it!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Sounds like it had a rough ending. Make sure the balancer hasnt taken a whack. If it has theres a good chance for bearing damage. Alum starter mounts are easy to snap off and expensive to fix correctly, if the trans got split, it may have taken that off too. Finally check the motor mounts, its a slim chance they got ripped off the block

A busted intake is small point unless its full of water then you've got a boat anchor

Quick Reply: Please help, ASAP