Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TB SS Motor Mount adapter Plates ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Question TB SS Motor Mount adapter Plates ?

I've got an xy CNC routing table. So I thought I'd make my own motor mount adapter plates. I cut a quick mockup out of lexan for a test fit only to find it would not fit on the passenger side, it hit on the AC bracket.

My swap motor is an ls2 out of an 07 TB SS. Did I lay the plates out wrong or will this type AC bracket not work with this style adapter plates ?

Thanks, Tony

Drivers side

Passenger side

AC bracket

Last edited by tmcmillan5; 04-23-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might just be me but I think you have the poly mount on the driver side up side down. the passenger orientatoin seems right. however it dones not look like the compressor is going to allow you to use these mounts. Trans dapt makes a set so A body swaps that moves the Poly mount even farther forward that what you have.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:39 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That style adapter will hit the LS A/C compressor. The 2 ways that I have found to build mounts are to:

1. Use the LS1 f-body engine side mount (It has the rubber isolator but is pricey) and then build a steel mount that fits it and bolts to the frame side.

2. Use the factory GM mounts but reposition them ~1.5" back on the frame and then use an adapter.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:26 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Question

Is this only an issue the TB SS A/C bracket and should I just flip my adapter plate over ( front to back) and just stager my motor mounts on the cross member ?

Tony