Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS Conversion and Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS Conversion and Cruise Control

Alright all you LS guru's, I need some help. I have a 64 Impala that I am going to restore using an LS engine and electronic automatic transmission, such as an LS1 / 4L60E combo. My question is this, since this is an electronic transmission will I gain the luxury of cruise control also? I'm not sure if the engine ECM (?) controls this or some other computer gizmo in the car. Ididit sells a steering column with optional tilt, and an older lever style switch for both cruise control and delay wipers which I intend to purchase. My whole plan boils down to an older body car with all the newer upgrades and goodies of newer machines. Any help is greatly appreciated. If this isn't the forum to post this, please tell me where and I'll move it. Thanks again everyone, keep up all the good work.

Geo.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:14 PM
Teching In

Not sure if this will work out for you but here is how to hook up cruise when using a drive by wire setup.

http://lt1swap.com/dbw.htm
Old 05-29-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

You'll need to read this. https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...driven-tb.html
Old 05-29-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Regular

If you have a Drive by wire throttle body the computer will control it all, all you have to do is hook up the right leads to the column. I think all of the harness mod places offer it as an option, painless harnesses probably have it too.

Quick Reply: LS Conversion and Cruise Control