Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Chevelle Not Starting

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 Chevelle Not Starting

Ok guys I need some help here as I am at wits end with my car... I am not an electrical guru when it comes to the new cars so this is really throwing me for a loop.... While I had my interior apart installing new sound deadner and stereo I made sure my car started everytime throughout the process so that I made sure I didn't mess anything up... Well I was making sure all the wires were neat and tucked up and went to start my car and all that I can hear is the fuel pump priming... Well my car uses the original chevelle key mech with an ignition wire going into the camaro fuse box... I have checked voltage and when I turn the key to accessories I get 12V...WHen I turn the key to start the car I loose all voltage... I dont know if this is normal but shouldn't it continue the 12V when the key is turned to start the car... I checked the starter solienoid and i'm not getting any power to the solienoid when the key is turned either obviously.. I'm just frustrated I though it was the VATS system so I brought it to a shop and they deleted it from the computer...I'm pissed because before all this my TACH, GAS and TEMP gauge wouldn't work either... PLEASE HELP if you have any advice.. I checked all fuses and they were all fine.. I'm just Freaking lost...
Old 06-07-2011, 07:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Was the Chevelle originally a column shift car? If so, did the rotate clockwise slightly and engage the neutral safety switch? Just a thought.

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 06-07-2011, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a good thought it happened several times before I switched over to the T56 and clutch safety switch.

There are several circuits that are shut off during cranking, so some of that may be normal. Did you change any of the wiring, if so then it is possible you got the wiring switched to the hot in "run" but not hot in "start".

Quick Reply: LS1 Chevelle Not Starting