Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds promising, skip to the last couple of posts
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...m-harness.html
Old 06-17-2011, 09:46 AM
Teching In

I think we are going to not run the A/C through the pcm at all because it seems that the only thing that we would lose is the engine idle up. How much does it idle up when the A/C is on by the way? Also, if we do not run the neutral safety switch through the pcm it will throw a code?

Last edited by cmaurice876; 06-17-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: forgot content
Old 06-17-2011, 01:17 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Idle raises up how ever much you set it to. On a stock motor you don`t really need it. With the Hot Cam I have in my el camino I had to turn the idle up 100rpm when the air was on or it really wants to die out.

Big thing is that the A/C request turns the fans on at low vehicle speeds when the A/C is on. If you don`t turn the fans on most likely the high side will overpressure and vent some/all of your freon to atmosphere.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by aknovaman
Have your tuner load a 2004 truck operating system in the 2004 GTO PCM, mod the fan settings for e-fans, import the GTO engine parameters as well as the trans settings. Stick a fork in it and be done.
Bumping this back to the top in hopes of getting my fans to work properly...

I have an 04 GTO PCM and wiring harness and every 04 truck tune i pull out of the repository has the same fan parameters as my gto pcm. What OS do I need to load onto my pcm for this to work?

I've attached a screen shot from my hptuners fan settings( no black boarder) as well as the one on the miata link posted(w/ black boarder)

Currently my fans turn on high after the car is started and they stay on like that until the key is turned off. I can control the fans with the vcm scanner but other than that they stay on high. What am I missing?
Attached Thumbnails 2004 GTO Fan Wiring-hptuners-pic.jpg   2004 GTO Fan Wiring-hptuners2.jpg  
Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 69 Posts

Truck file needs fans set to ac recirc not 2 fans. Then import the camaro temp settings and it will work. Not sure if latest beta allows ac recirc mode to be set. I use tuner cats for obd2 to change modes.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Teching In

Does it matter what truck file I use? There is an option for AC recirc under the A/C tab (pic below). The fan type dropdown menu from my previous post has: 2 fans(pictured above), Aux fans, and no fans. I've tried it on Aux fans and the fans were still on all the time but it was only the low speed fan and I couldn't even command the high speed with the scanner.

Is it possible for it to work with my current GTO OS if I set the Recirc Option to AC Recirc like you mentioned? Or does it HAVE to be a truck file?

Thanks for your help BTW
Attached Thumbnails 2004 GTO Fan Wiring-hptuners3.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 05:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Set to ac recirc.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Teching In

I tried the ac recirc setting on my gto file but still know luck. any truck file in particular i should try?
Old 01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have a 2004 engine this week in a swap truck that I will be setting up efans. Let me get it done and I can tell you what to set them to.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Teching In

sounds good thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Teching In

FYI my pcm now controls the fans exactly how it's supposed to according to ECT. The only problem is i changed a handfull of settings and I'm not sure which one fixed the problem yet. But one thing I know for sure is the pcm should NOT be set to AC Recirc. It needs to be set to fan #2 in that drop down box instead. I will mess with it tomorrow and see if I can pinpoint exactly what worked for me.
Old 03-26-2022, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2004 engine this week in a swap truck that I will be setting up efans. Let me get it done and I can tell you what to set them to.
Bumping this OLD thread because it has the best/most info I could find in the last 2 weeks anywhere. I have a swap with a 2004 GTO PCM, and am trying to get the AC and fan requests to work correctly as intended.

Can anyone close the loop here and help explain what they found exactly that fixed the problem?

Originally Posted by ProjectD
FYI my pcm now controls the fans exactly how it's supposed to according to ECT. The only problem is i changed a handfull of settings and I'm not sure which one fixed the problem yet. But one thing I know for sure is the pcm should NOT be set to AC Recirc. It needs to be set to fan #2 in that drop down box instead. I will mess with it tomorrow and see if I can pinpoint exactly what worked for me.
Same ask! What did you find/do that finally fixed your problem I have the exact same issue and am looking for some guidance, much appreciated!
Old 09-25-2022, 11:27 AM
Teching In

Chk your email for the requested schematics.
hi sir, new here and having an issue with a gto fan schematic... an wondered if you'd have that fan wiring diagram you'd share with me to figure out my issue!!! Please and thanks!! Couldn't message you directly since I'm new I'd assume

Quick Reply: 2004 GTO Fan Wiring