Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C in a Fox Mustang, Please Look At This PICTURE and tell me if I'm missing anything

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C in a Fox Mustang, Please Look At This PICTURE and tell me if I'm missing anything

So I am trying to adapt AC to my ls1 powered coupe. I think I have acquired all the parts. To try to simplify the install I decided to cut apar the Ford Heater box and fit the ls1 evaporater inside of it (I had to cut the bottom off of the heater box and fiberglass a new bottom since the ls1 evaporator is a totally different size than the fox.

Anyways, I want to make sure that the setup will work as I have it before I try to get custom lines made. I am using a truck compressor/manifold and the rest of the parts are from an ls1 fbody (condenser/evaporator/accumulator). One thing that seems strange is that the ls1 has a pressure switch on the line that leaves the evaporator going to the condenser and the trucks have a pressure switch on the line leaving the compressor going to the accumulator. I figure since I am using a PCM from a truck I should go ahead and use the pressure switch that is between the compressor to the accumulator, but wouldn't one of these pressure switched be on the high side and the other on the low? Seems strange since GM typically does things the same between all the ls cars.

Also, where is the orfice or expansion tube. Is it in the line leaving the evaporator? The pipe does get kinda fat there so I guess it could be in there.

Here is a picture of the system as of now, see anything that doesn't make sense? Any missing parts?

Old 07-06-2011, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it not as simple as swapping out the compressor and condensor and making custom lines?

Why did you have to or choose to use the gm evaporator?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STL2SLO
Is it not as simple as swapping out the compressor and condensor and making custom lines?

Why did you have to or choose to use the gm evaporator?
More info please.

Can you show pictures of the modified evap box?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What acc. are you running? Truck offset, F-body offset, etc..?

Quick Reply: A/C in a Fox Mustang, Please Look At This PICTURE and tell me if I'm missing anything