Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no start!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got it started, it was sounding good but it died. Now I now longer have the ignition light on when I go to start the carBefore the noid light would go out when I tried to start it, but was on with the ignition switch on! I installed a pushbutton switch under the dash but it only worked once! No sure what I did, cheched fuses and they are good.Now it will start only if I hold the button in.The noid light is off with the ignition switch in the on position now. HELP
Old 08-07-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe H
Well I got it started, it was sounding good but it died. Now I now longer have the ignition light on when I go to start the carBefore the noid light would go out when I tried to start it, but was on with the ignition switch on! I installed a pushbutton switch under the dash but it only worked once! No sure what I did, cheched fuses and they are good.Now it will start only if I hold the button in.The noid light is off with the ignition switch in the on position now. HELP
If it works by holding the push button switch on, then it sounds like that switch is fried. What amp/ kind of switch is it?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Teching In

It is a stock ignition switch but I bought it from O'Reillys so it may be a cheap one. I will get one from Autozone and see what happens. thanks for the advice.
Joe
Old 08-27-2011, 04:10 PM
Teching In

I am thinking I may not have the pushbutton wired right. how should this be wired?
Old 09-25-2013, 09:50 AM
Teching In

I have recently purchased a 02' SS camaro. Stock except LS6 putons,LS6 oil pump,Timing chain,Lunati Lifter w/4:10 gear (so I'm told) car runs great, I go to get in this morning to move out of garage and no start, curious if anyone else has this prob, I'm sure minor (hope) and does it have a safety neutral switch? Or your thoughts please.
Thanks for any advise. David.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Teching In

Pistons+++ sorry

Quick Reply: no start!