Sponsored by:

TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 03:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie67
VEry nice Tango,

Saw all you build pics, That is a lot of work. Im very impressed... WOW! Im also swapping a 07' TBSS eng. & tranny package into my 67 Camaro, still trying to figure out how to swap to a short intake like you did,. Did you use the Drive by Wire throttle body that came with the truck intake? What parts did you have to change in order to make the car intake work with you truck set up? Im stuck and need to be pointed in the right direction. I dont want to purchase a bunch of parts if I can re-use the trailblazer's.
Charlie,

I went with a LS2 car intake & rails. I got it from Travis (Daytonayellaz) on Pro-Touring.com. He is a wealth of knowledge on LS swaps! Drop him a PM and he can probably hook you up! I had to file down the waterneck ever so slightly to fit the TB onto the intake without swapping out the water pump. I found that "procedure" somewhere here on the forum.

In addition, I did NOT want to cut my sub to fit the A/C so I went with the KWIK Performance bracket set for trucks. Everything fit smoothly and looks are pretty good! Also, I bought the Mast Motorsports LSx oil pan. It cost a few bucks but I could not mod the TBSS pan, couldn't find an F-body pan to mod, and didn't want to go with the LH8 (hung too low for my liking). It was form-fit-function and well worth the $450.

Good luck on your swap! I cannot wait to fire this baby up! Hopefully it will be done soon so I can enjoy it before I have to deploy.

TC

P.S. Whomever is re-programming your harness, let them know that you swapped to the car intake or you will have issues.
Old 07-23-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Been there seen it!!, as always looks great!!!
Old 07-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Will do Tango68ss,

I hope you do get to enjoy your build and terrorize the neighborhood before you deploy, make sure you leave ur 40' long signature on the pavement.

By the way, who do you reccomend for re-programming my harness? Any contacts/vendors? Thanx in advance.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Charlie67
Will do Tango68ss,

I hope you do get to enjoy your build and terrorize the neighborhood before you deploy, make sure you leave ur 40' long signature on the pavement.

By the way, who do you reccomend for re-programming my harness? Any contacts/vendors? Thanx in advance.
Well, the guy I bought my LS2 combo from deals with jon @ SpearTech. Since I haven't fired the car up I cannot tell you how good it is. I will say that dealing with Jon was a pleasure. He always returned my calls and answered all my questions. Alot of guys on here utilize his products so I figured it should work out.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tango68ss
Tony,

They are DynaTech LSx swap headers http://www.dynatechheaders.com/m_camaro_67_69.html

I got them upon looking at Tsnow's (member here) build. I loved the way they looked. In addition, DynaTech was very helpful with assisting me on choosing the DSE motor mounts. They created the headers utilizing the DSE products. If you look in my build link pics, you will see the headers don't hang too low and the motor sits perfect with the DSE mounts.

TC
So, you're saying that you used the DSE mounts that they sell for their subframe, even though you're using the stock subframe?

I was just looking at them on the DSE website, and there are 3 different ones in the link below. Which did you end up getting?

http://detroitspeed.com/1967-1969%20...-subframe.html

Thanks,
Bill B.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BillB
So, you're saying that you used the DSE mounts that they sell for their subframe, even though you're using the stock subframe?

I was just looking at them on the DSE website, and there are 3 different ones in the link below. Which did you end up getting?

http://detroitspeed.com/1967-1969%20...-subframe.html

Thanks,
Bill B.
Bill,

Here are the one's I got. I then wanted the DynaTechs headers, like Tsnow... so I called DSE; spoke with Dan; and he told me that you had to use the SBC towers to make these work for the LSx.

As you can see from the pic below, the engine sits nicely in the stock sub and no mods had to be done to the firewall or trans tunnel.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Launching!

Nice project....
Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Teching In

[QUOTE=tango68ss;15194708]Bill,

Here are the one's I got. I then wanted the DynaTechs headers, like Tsnow... so I called DSE; spoke with Dan; and he told me that you had to use the SBC towers to make these work for the LSx.

So, you purchased one of these two (probably the 060401)?

Engine Mount Bracket Kit - 060401
Applications:1967-1969 Camaro/Firebird LS Engines
$250.00

Engine Mount Bracket Kit - 060404
Applications: 1967-1969 F-Body LS Engine w/ C6 Oil Pan
$250.00

And it seems to indicate that the towers are included.

Unlike others, the DSE kit comes complete with the following:
  • Frame side engine mount stands
  • CNC aluminum adapter plates
  • Polyurethane engine mounts

Thanks,
Bill B.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=BillB;15195501]
Bill,

So, you purchased one of these two (probably the 060401)?

Engine Mount Bracket Kit - 060401
Applications:1967-1969 Camaro/Firebird LS Engines
$250.00

Engine Mount Bracket Kit - 060404
Applications: 1967-1969 F-Body LS Engine w/ C6 Oil Pan
$250.00

And it seems to indicate that the towers are included.

Unlike others, the DSE kit comes complete with the following:
  • Frame side engine mount stands
  • CNC aluminum adapter plates
  • Polyurethane engine mounts

Thanks,
Bill B.
Bill,

I purchased the 060401 kit, since I am using a Mast Motorsports LSx oil pan. Yes, as depicted in the picture, the towers are integral to the mounts. What I meant to say is they are at the height of the SBC towers. They give you the correct engine height for the LS motor.

TC
Old 07-26-2011, 09:56 AM
Teching In

Thanks, Tango!
This help me a lot with a direction to take. I really like the DSE products in general, but I guess I was thinking that their engine mounts were only made for their subframe. I'm still months, maybe even a year before I can even start on an LS swap. But this piece of the puzzle should simplify the process a bit, especially knowing which headers to use (that don't cost a small fortune). Really like your build!

Thanks again!
Bill B.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BillB
Thanks, Tango!
This help me a lot with a direction to take. I really like the DSE products in general, but I guess I was thinking that their engine mounts were only made for their subframe. I'm still months, maybe even a year before I can even start on an LS swap. But this piece of the puzzle should simplify the process a bit, especially knowing which headers to use (that don't cost a small fortune). Really like your build!

Thanks again!
Bill B.

You're welcome Bill. I just came from the shop and i did confirm the engine mount info. Once Brian finishes a track car for another customer, we will bang out the rest of the work on my baby! I am within a week or two (hopefully) of firing her up!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:35 PM
On The Tree

Default ls2

Well folks,

I've been off the grid for awhile and figured it's about time for an update.... last we saw our wayward hero he was working hard to get the $ together to finish his baby! In addition, dealing with the end of the Space Shuttle program, deployments back and forth to Afghanistan, as well as paying for his daughter's college fund!....

But good news is most of the wiring is in the final stages... the fuel system is being bent-up and installed, and the exhaust should be going in soon... Brian is shooting for Turkey day as the final. Here is some "eye candy" that holds me over...

TC

Old 11-07-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

You have got one good looking car and it looks like it is in good hands for it's restoration.

Afghanistan? Are you military? If so, thanks for your support with all you have done and continue to do.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
You have got one good looking car and it looks like it is in good hands for it's restoration.

Afghanistan? Are you military? If so, thanks for your support with all you have done and continue to do.

Yep, and thank you for the "thank you".

TC
Old 11-07-2011, 08:09 PM
Launching!

beautiful car and as someone else said, thank you for protecting my freedom! keep the updates coming and be safe
Old 11-11-2011, 07:47 AM
On The Tree

Default ls2

Here's some more "eye-candy"... We are getting real close to buttoning her up and heading down the road! The custom NewVintageUSA gauges look killer! I can't wait to see them lit up with their blue background! (Thanks Mark @ NewVintageUSA)

Additionally I'm adding a set of Screamin's custom kick panels. I will eventually have them covered in blue Madrid vinyl to match the interior.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looking great! Keep the updates coming!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rocketrod
Thanks Rod! BTW, is your "Trav-bought" LS running yet??

TC
Old 11-11-2011, 09:08 AM
On The Tree

Default ls2

Originally Posted by Rocketrod

TC
Old 11-12-2011, 05:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TC
No it's not. Between work and family I haven't been able to work on the car in over a month. Things will ease up here soon and it whouldn't be much longer....I hope.

Your car is coming along nicely! make sure you post a video once you get her going!

Quick Reply: TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"