Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011 | 06:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

TC, I was over there the other day talking to Brian to do a little work on my car, but the shops full and my shops not built, but the cars looking real nice!!!
Old 11-13-2011 | 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Default ls2

Originally Posted by Steve68
TC, I was over there the other day talking to Brian to do a little work on my car, but the shops full and my shops not built, but the cars looking real nice!!!
Thanks for the kind words Steve! How goes the job hunt??

TC
Old 11-13-2011 | 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

working in Melbourne for Lockheed building PTDS platform, not the best job or pay, and its through a temp company!
Old 02-24-2012 | 06:45 AM
On The Tree

It's been a while since I've posted up....Brian has been working on Agent Orange (his car) since mid-Dec in order to get it ready for Mecum at the end of January. Well, Mecum has come and gone and now Brian is back on my baby! Here goes the update...

It is ALIVE!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx9oE...t=C320b569UDOE

yep, it's been a long 15 months but she is finally running! Sadly, I am not there to see/hear it... but, thanks to today's technology, I can still see/hear it via the internet.... so, a few more weeks of putting her back together, then my wife gets to drive it while I am deployed

Hell, at least she will be all together upon my return!

TC
Old 05-09-2012 | 01:15 PM
On The Tree

Looky here! She rolled out of the shop on her own power!! Now Brian needs to wring her out in the next three weeks BEFORE I get home from overseas!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUTYw8dD9x8&feature=plcp

...and some eye candy!
Attached Thumbnails TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-img_7768.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-img_7803.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-img_7801.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-img_7796.jpg   TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-img_7794.jpg  

Old 05-09-2012 | 09:36 PM
Teching In

looking good TC, and it rides nice too.
stay safe and we will see you in a few weeks
mike d
Old 05-10-2012 | 03:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by screamin rhino
looking good TC, and it rides nice too.
stay safe and we will see you in a few weeks
mike d
Thanks Mike! I'm glad Frannie didn't hit your van while backing out!

See you soon.

TC
Old 05-10-2012 | 06:30 AM
Teching In

Awesome!!!
Always a good feeling when that special car gets back on it's on power with a new motor.

Bill B.
Old 05-11-2012 | 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BillB
Awesome!!!
Always a good feeling when that special car gets back on it's on power with a new motor.

Bill B.
Amen to that Bill!! According to Brian, she has some ***** too! That I am happy about! 450hp @ the crank should do fine for now...

TC
Old 05-12-2012 | 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

coming home soon????
Old 05-13-2012 | 04:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steve68
coming home soon????
Yeah Man! Steve, three weeks and a wake-up! We are waiting for the unit from stateside to R.I.P-in (replacement-in-place) so we can R.I.P-out. That should put me home by the first week of June...

Brian is wringing out my baby and making sure everything works as advertised! Take a look at his website! She's one of his "stars" now!

See you soon,
TC
Old 05-13-2012 | 07:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tango68ss
Yeah Man! Steve, three weeks and a wake-up! We are waiting for the unit from stateside to R.I.P-in (replacement-in-place) so we can R.I.P-out. That should put me home by the first week of June...
It looks and sounds awesome. The next three weeks is going to be the longest three weeks of your life!!!
Old 05-13-2012 | 08:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rocketrod
It looks and sounds awesome. The next three weeks is going to be the longest three weeks of your life!!!
Yeah Rod,

I've got a very anxious 13 yr old that keeps emailling me that "his" car is almost done and I need to get home so "we" can drive it!....
Old 05-13-2012 | 08:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah Rod,

I've got a very anxious 13 yr old that keeps emailling me that "his" car is almost done and I need to get home so "we" can drive it!....
I bet....my daughter gets her driver's permit in the fall....when she found out the Camaro should be running soon she hinted that is was going to be "her" daily driver. Once I stopped the uncontrollable laughter I told "no". Her reply was once you see how good of a driver I am you will change your mind. Oh to be that young and naive again.
Old 05-18-2012 | 08:04 PM
Teching In

Tango,

Awesome build and thanks for your service!

Like yours, I am considering the dynatech headers with DSE mounts in a 69 firebird, but am not sue about an oil pan. Did you consider just using a stock f-body oil pan?

I called DSE and the rep indicated that a stock fbody pan should fit with those mounts. Just curious if you got a different response or if you had tried an unmodified f-body pan.

Thanks and safe travels back home!
Old 05-19-2012 | 06:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nyby
Tango,

Awesome build and thanks for your service!

Like yours, I am considering the dynatech headers with DSE mounts in a 69 firebird, but am not sue about an oil pan. Did you consider just using a stock f-body oil pan?

I called DSE and the rep indicated that a stock fbody pan should fit with those mounts. Just curious if you got a different response or if you had tried an unmodified f-body pan.

Thanks and safe travels back home!
Thanks NYBY! Will Do! As far as the oil pan goes, I went the route of a MAst LSx conversion pan. I read tons and tons of threads on modded F-bodypans and the problems encountered. My builder (Brian @ ScreaminPerformance) said that for the extra $100 it was easier and "cleaner looking" to go the Mast route.... It fits like a glove! No issues with lock-to-lock travel or subframe contact. With the DnyaTechs, DSE mounts, and this oil pan, I had no issues! Look at my build link in my sig block (somewhere around pic 418+) and you can see photos of when we dropped the engine inthe sub.

TC
Old 05-19-2012 | 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

Congrats TC!! That sounds awsome!.
Old 06-09-2012 | 06:01 AM
On The Tree

We trailered my baby out to O-town on Friday for a Mike Norris test-n-tune! I am very happy with the results!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2J46...ature=youtu.be
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVPWX...ature=youtu.behttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaOf...ature=youtu.be

She was running lean and Mike "fattened" her up a bit! Also sweetened up the shift points! I am pleased overall with the performance of the car. She threw down 361rwhp/364tq (Mike says 450 at-the-crank, which is what we expected). That is more than adequate (for now!)

I was so happy that I drove her all the way back to the coast, 90mph, A/C cranking, and still got 20mpg! For those that might be offended, I apologize for some of my language on the vids... I'm a military pilot! I am HAPPY!!

TC
Attached Thumbnails TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"-100_0029.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012 | 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

She was running lean and Mike "fattened" her up a bit! Also sweetened up the shift points! I am pleased overall with the performance of the car. She threw down 361rwhp/364tq (Mike says 450 at-the-crank, which is what we expected). That is more than adequate (for now!)

I was so happy that I drove her all the way back to the coast, 90mph, A/C cranking, and still got 20mpg! For those that might be offended, I apologize for some of my language on the vids... I'm a military pilot! I am HAPPY!!

TC
Awesome!! Very encouraging numbers and performance....when are you going to start the engine mods? Just kidding......enjoy it and drive it like you stole it for a while.
Old 06-09-2012 | 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rocketrod
Awesome!! Very encouraging numbers and performance....when are you going to start the engine mods? Just kidding......enjoy it and drive it like you stole it for a while.
Rod,

Right now I'm lucky to still be sleeping in the house! Wifely loves the car, but no new toys (maggie,etc) for awhile... I just want to drive it like I stole it and enjoy it for now!

TC

Quick Reply: TC's '68 'vert project "Pro-Crastination"