See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine Guides
Print Wikipost

LSx engine swap guides

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

iv searched and haven't found anything on the Nissan hardbody. I have a 97 called a pickup now.
I can make mounts. wiring use standalone? how does that work. I want to keep things simple. using T56
Old 10-09-2019, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stand alone harness. This does not involve butchering/tie into original car harness. It is for engine only and adapts to any car but is specific to particular engine and its corresponding computer (ecm). It comes with a relay package and a fuse package. Relays are typically for ignition and fuel pump. Fuses in fuse block protect devices that the harness serves such as injectors, O2 sensors, etc. As a rule you put the relay/fuse block assembly inside of the car along with the ECM connectors which will be part of the standalone harness. Thus the ecm connectors, relays and fuses are typically inside of the vehicle and the remainder of the harness has dedicated places to go on the engine such as alternator, injectors, sensors, cooling fan relays, etc. Typically a always hot and or a switched hot is required to attach to the relays on your end.
It is customary for harness providers to ask you questions related to what type of alternator connector, drive by wire or cable driven throttle body, etc. They, in turn custom fabricate every harness to your particular engine and ecm. Hope that helps. Prices are generally 5 to 6 hundred dollars.
The following users liked this post:
rabies (10-10-2019)
Old 10-10-2019, 09:04 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by john morse
Stand alone harness. This does not involve butchering/tie into original car harness. It is for engine only and adapts to any car but is specific to particular engine and its corresponding computer (ecm). It comes with a relay package and a fuse package. Relays are typically for ignition and fuel pump. Fuses in fuse block protect devices that the harness serves such as injectors, O2 sensors, etc. As a rule you put the relay/fuse block assembly inside of the car along with the ECM connectors which will be part of the standalone harness. Thus the ecm connectors, relays and fuses are typically inside of the vehicle and the remainder of the harness has dedicated places to go on the engine such as alternator, injectors, sensors, cooling fan relays, etc. Typically a always hot and or a switched hot is required to attach to the relays on your end.
It is customary for harness providers to ask you questions related to what type of alternator connector, drive by wire or cable driven throttle body, etc. They, in turn custom fabricate every harness to your particular engine and ecm. Hope that helps. Prices are generally 5 to 6 hundred dollars.
awesome thank you sir. clears up a lot. this is my route. easier and simpler(less for me to ruin)
Old 04-27-2021, 08:38 PM
Teching In

i am doing and LS3 swap and i need an accelerator pedal for DBW and i cannot find one, i would appreciate any help please.
Old 04-27-2021, 11:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,094 Likes on 2,410 Posts

Which DBW TB are you using? As in out of which vehicle? Get a DBW pedal out of one of those vehicles.
Old 05-03-2021, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by G Atsma
Which DBW TB are you using? As in out of which vehicle? Get a DBW pedal out of one of those vehicles.
i keep on getting the wrong one, i need to know the model number of the pedal
Old 05-03-2021, 09:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,094 Likes on 2,410 Posts

Originally Posted by jerry moses
i keep on getting the wrong one, i need to know the model number of the pedal
You still didn't answer my question....

Quick Reply: LSx engine swap guides