Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which lines would be the easiest and last ??
Stainless Steel
33.33%
Regular Steel
25.00%
Aluminum
8.33%
Braided Rubber
33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Looking for opinions on fuel line options

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd71
The above post should be in a sticky somewhere. Unless you object I'm going to post a link to it in my build thread.
Have at it. I'm just sharing what I learned from everyone else and put together.

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Be a little careful. Those hard 90° turns in that Dorman kit will not flow as well as the smooth radius of the full flow AN fittings.
True.....

But, Those same OEM Nylon fuel fittings are used on the past decade of
Corvette's, Z06's, Shelby GT500's, SRT8's, etc. So for my purposes, they
should be cool.
Also know that the nylon stuff doesn't go any bigger than 3/8. Not a problem for 90% of the swaps, but will be an issue for the serious HP machine.
I noticed that too.
As for the "serious HP machine" that's true for in excess of 700hp or more+ For my application, I'll run out of fuel pump (Walbro 255) before I run out of fuel line capacity. LOL

I'm sure guys that want a drag toy will spend the money on compression fittings or AN fittings with Teflon or Steel lines. JIC spec are good too. AN is just Air Force / Navy standards from WWII to today for Aircraft. We're not flying military aircraft.

Last edited by Aceshigh; 08-10-2011 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Aceshigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
Be a little careful. Those hard 90° turns in that Dorman kit will not flow as well as the smooth radius of the full flow AN fittings.
True.....

But, Those same OEM Nylon fuel fittings are used on the past decade of
Corvette's, Z06's, Shelby GT500's, SRT8's, etc. So for my purposes, they
should be cool.
Quote:
Also know that the nylon stuff doesn't go any bigger than 3/8. Not a problem for 90% of the swaps, but will be an issue for the serious HP machine.
I noticed that too.
As for the "serious HP machine" that's true for in excess of 700hp or more+ For my application, I'll run out of fuel pump (Walbro 255) before I run out of fuel line capacity. LOL
If all you want is OEM performance then by all means, stick with OEM parts.

I actually agree with you and for the most part like your approach. Your set up will build you enough motor to get jailed if you drive it like you stole it. But IMO you are off in some of your assumptions. The pump capacity and fuel lines interact. If you aren’t careful you can turn your 255 L/hr pump into a 100 L/hr fuel system. To use your analogy use a bunch of restrictive fuel fittings and you will run out of fuel pump before you run out of fuel pump.

According to this link below anything much over 400 HP needs ½ inch fuel line. Also keep in mind the numbers in the link below assume non-restrictive fittings and not the ones in that Dorman kit.

http://www.centuryperformance.com/fu...e-spg-140.html

Here is what Mallory recommends with their fuel pumps

http://prestoliteperformance.com/Por..._4150_5250.pdf

So by serious HP machine I was thinking anything much over 400 HP.

One trick you can use is run two 3/8 inch lines instead of a half inch. ½ hard line is pretty difficult to work with, so that trick works even with steel line.

Quick Reply: Looking for opinions on fuel line options