Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 Corvette waterpump on F Body/ corvette brackets- please read and offer info

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LS2 Corvette waterpump on F Body/ corvette brackets- please read and offer info

I realize this is a hodge podge of bracketry, but it works for my car. Clearance, spacing, positioning is all key to making my project work. Here is the deal- Need info on spacing a corvette H20 pump out or moving the pulley, and what tensioner may work. Switching all of the brackets to the corvette setup IS NOT an option- as they will be too close and may even hit the manifolds for the turbo!

I have the F Body balancer, tensioner, late '04 LS1 H20 pump, Corvette alt/ P/S pump & bracket (spaced out 3/4"). This all lines up and works fine. I am changing the H20 pump to the Corvette pump for clearance purposes (between front of engine and cooling fan). I have searched and found a few people that have pulled the Corvette H20 pump pulley off about 3/8 of an inch and tack welded it to the shaft, this appears to correct the belt alignment issues. There are also H20 pump spacers available to correct the offset. I found a company that will make them as thin as 5/16 and they can go much thicker.

For those that have done this successfully, what combination did you use? IE: spacers and XXX tensioner or pulled the pulley and XXX tensioner.

Any help is appreciated. It will be great to get all this information in one post, I'm sure others have considered this for similar reasons.

BTW- this is all in an effort to mount a 76mm turbonetics in the engine bay of an E36 M3 (BMW). I was going to do the STS style rear mount setup, but I got tired of the plumbing.