Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates?
Old 09-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the front tubed out and the bumper brackets on.. I should have the radiator upper and lower supports and the radiator in this weekend. the upper core support will be bolt in. Then I will get that all painted and ready for the engine mock up and get the mounts made.

I've decided to go ahead and get it running n/a first to make sure there's no bugs before going turbo and then having more bugs to works out.. I dont need a investation all at once lol. and right now it's looking like I could be driving this car N/A within a month.. fingers crossed..
Old 09-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

I'm looking at going e85 since i have to replace all the fuel lines, pump and etc. anyways.. what all will be needed to do this? I'll be searching but hoping somebody will chime in
Old 12-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Staging Lane

alright guys.. I guess I can do a little update since I'm researching what could be wrong with my tranny.. I got the car running.. fuel tank in and driveshaft in.. part of the interior back in and radiator and stuff mounted.. runs great.. I'm just not getting the tranny to pull.. with the tires off the ground and once i pull it out of park the tires move forward in every gear including reverse and neutral.. but on the ground its not pulling enough to move the car.. ? i dont know much about tranny so I'm stuck researching... I'll post pics asap
Old 12-15-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How the tube front end come out. Pics asap!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

^ the welding sucked on alot of it but i burnt it in to make sure its solid lol.. stupid flux core crap.. I'll post a pic in just a few minutes..
Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

I'll have to take a pic of just the front end and the tabs and stuff i have to support the front bumper, headlight bar and etc. you can kinda see it here.. its dirty and still along way to go..

cross member pic i was pmed about..

and the inside i've been getting rid of the red with flat black primer and dirt loland painted the dash with the interior paint stuff..Should look good when i get carpet and some final gloss black on whats not gonna be covered by the factory black plastics..

Old 12-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

Ohh and i gotta give Brendan Patten @ lt1swap.com a big thanks for his help.. He reflashed my ecm and I used alot of his tips off his website to do my harness and fuse block and even obd2 port.. everything works great and it was a fast turn around. and cheaper than anybody else I found. and still to this day he's trying to help me figure out the tranny issue.. great guy..
Old 12-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Staging Lane

I put the scanner on the car and im getting a p0785 code.. this scanner says its a shift selenoid malfunction? so back off to researching i guess
Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 PM

Alright people.. the project has been stopped.. its now being parted and sold so hit me up if your interested in any of it..

Quick Reply: 89 lx mustang going 5.3 then turbo.. .