Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do you think of this solution?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 08:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think of this solution?

I have hooker motor mounts that put the engine pretty much flush with the firewall (too far back) on my 68 firebird. I swapped frame stands (motor mounts) left for right and it moves the engine up about 1.5 inches from where it would have been. However, the holley oil pan now sits on the frame. I thought about making up 1/4 plates to sit under the stands to give me the clearance I need. The headers still fit and the cpp crossmember now works. The only problem is the transmission seems to be cocked to the left too far at the back. Maybe I have the crossmember backwards. Any thoughts?
Old 08-28-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It does sound like the crossmember could be backwards if it only works that way. I guess try that out first and then go from there. Are the Hooker mounts just adapter plates or are they two piece mounts?
Old 08-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

The crossmember is for a 700r4 which I thought had the same mounting points as the 4l65e. If I swap it around the trans would have to clear the tube that makes up the crossmember and it may put it the mounting point even further forward. Do you think the engine stands being switched would hurt anything? Can I get away with lifting the engine 1/4" without messing the trans angle to much?

Quick Reply: what do you think of this solution?