Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-body accessories on LQ9

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-body accessories on LQ9

I have searched but maybe I overlooked this information. Anyways, I am wanting to use f-body accessories on an LQ9. My question is what is the best way to to this without a ps pump? Can I use stock parts to make this work? Not using AC either, but I think that is a different belt.

Also do I need the balancer and the crankshaft pulley from an f-body or just the crankshaft pulley?

Appreciate the help.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To use the fbody stuff you need another balancer... or you have to space the fbody bracket to line up with the truck pully. Also you have to drill and tap the middle hole because on your lq9 it is not tapped. its just a blank boss. cobalt drill bit is a must.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

FYI, The Balancer and Pully are one unit.. but is two peices. there is about .75" different in off set between the Truck and F-Body ones.

Yes the AC is on the inner pulley of the Balancer. No AC.. no issue then.

Would just suggest using everything from the F-Body if that is what your going too.. you can either try and re-rooute the belt without the PS, there has been some threads on doing that. or you would need an aftermarket Alt bracket setup (idler pulley also ?). Kwik are a common vendor to use.

Last edited by bczee; 09-22-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:23 PM
TECH Regular

Agreed with bczee. Don't waste your time looking an F-body bracket when there are plenty of other places that have alternator only brackets. Kwikperf.com comes to mind first but I think there are a few others. Kwik is nice because all their stuff comes 3 different ways to match the truck, F-body and Corvette crank pulleys.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the information guys. So pretty much my best option is to use a aftermarket setup? From what I have seen, I am not sure if I can use the fbody Accessories without the ps pump.

Quick Reply: F-body accessories on LQ9