Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 Trans am ls1/turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those fans should definitely do the trick.

I used VDO gauges in mine, and the only original wires I retained for the engine were positive, keyed positive, tach signal, water temp (new sender), oil pressure (new sender) and ground. Everthing else got whacked. I added oil temp, using the port just above the oil filter for the sender. My cooling fan is triggered by an independent sensor and relay. The alternator field wire connection was connected to keyed positive, with a 470 ohm resistor.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why did you have to run the OHM resistor?
Been lazy today and didn't do anything. Hopefully I'll get back on it Monday! Gotta clean and mow the yard this weekend. (hopefully for the last time this year)
I think I'll pick up some good wire this weekend and start making some mini harnesses ( fuel pump, relays etc.)Probably have to change ignition switch as well, for some reason my key no longer unlocks the steering column... Talking about being pissed off lol.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to see your finding a little time. I added a electric dump to my car and the boost went from 12psi to 25psi! You have the Fbody acess on the front of your engine?
Old 10-13-2013, 09:04 AM
Launching!

Here are some pictures of my transmission cooler and my oil cooler. I ordered them in black but one came silver. Also some pictures of the oil relocation.
The oil relocation doesn't look that good but I'm planning on ordering some 8AN hose and redoing the lines to and from.
Attached Thumbnails 79 Trans am ls1/turbo-imag0383.jpg   79 Trans am ls1/turbo-imag0384.jpg   79 Trans am ls1/turbo-imag0385.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Launching!

I would like to thank Mills for answering the phone and giving me advice as well as a peak at his tune. Though I only got to hear the engine run for like 8 second max, it made my trip home. Especially since this is my first complete build. Thanks Mills and everyone else who's given me advice and help. When I'm home in December I should get the idle tuned in and get the transmission shifter put on along with a few other things.
Old 10-20-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad I could help. Someone had to help me so I help who I can, that's the way it should be. Good luck!

Quick Reply: 79 Trans am ls1/turbo