Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3l with ls1 intake ...which harness to use ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psiconversion
Nic,

Below states the reason for two different MSD controllers. In general (there are exceptions to the list below but for ease of discussion I am negating outliers)........

1997-2007 Generation III LS/VORTEC Engines, used a 24x crank reluctor (most easily identifiable by the cam sensor on the rear of the engine).
2007-Current Generation IV LS/VORTEC Engines, used a 58x crank reluctor (most easily identifiable by the cam sensor on the front of the engine in the timing cover).

As stated above, yes I know that the LS2 was available originally as a 24x engine with the Gen IV arcitechture but for the sake of this discussion I dont believe it matters. Hope this helps with confusion.

Jon
PSI

Thanks for the info. All of you guys have been very helpful.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let me get this right, Car injector plugs are diff than truck? will truck injectors fit in LS1 intake? I'm new to the LS game so ALL this is new to me.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by STUNTMAN
let me get this right, Car injector plugs are diff than truck? will truck injectors fit in LS1 intake? I'm new to the LS game so ALL this is new to me.
yes they are different... not sure about the injectors fitting, i think they would need adapters... they will not just fit without modification...

the easiest way to do this, if you are trying to put an ls intake on your truck, is to use the car injectors (which you can find for a great deal all day long) and solder the right injector plug ends on your truck harness
Old 11-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by STUNTMAN
correct.. the truck injectors use the EV1 pin layout, and the car uses the EV6 pin layout.

so, you can use adapters that plugin to the harness and new injectors,
or cut the pigtails off, and solder on the new format ends.

I am about to do this swap myself.. the stock truck engine with mod'ed harness successfully started yesterday..

but will need to swap water pumps and move the idler pulley after slicing off the standard mount to allow the throttle body on the ls1 car intake to fit.

San

Quick Reply: 5.3l with ls1 intake ...which harness to use ?