Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Catch Can Routing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dual Catch Can Routing?

Here is my catch can routing. I have only one port from the TB on pass side. I do not have any in the CAI or the MAF. I routed the dirty return to the driver's side port - I'm not sure if it's manifold or TB plate as it's a little angled.
I'm not using evap.
Is my routing correct?
Attached Thumbnails Dual Catch Can Routing?-dsc00250.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Homer_Simpson (12-07-2021)
Old 10-11-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see no vent for the catch cans? They HAVE to be able to vent to atmosphere or else you will just pressure them up.

Everything else seems good to go if you have a vent. I vent everything to atmosphere, screw pcv systems.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:19 AM
11 Second Club

I think that's right. Here is mine on a LS1 w/ LS6 valley cover:

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
I see no vent for the catch cans? They HAVE to be able to vent to atmosphere or else you will just pressure them up.

Everything else seems good to go if you have a vent. I vent everything to atmosphere, screw pcv systems.
This is how they are made to be run, inline of the regular system. PCV is a good thing because it keeps pressure on the rings.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TEDSgrad
Here is my catch can routing. I have only one port from the TB on pass side. I do not have any in the CAI or the MAF. I routed the dirty return to the driver's side port - I'm not sure if it's manifold or TB plate as it's a little angled.
I'm not using evap.
Is my routing correct?
What brand of catch cans are you using. I like the sealed ones versus the "filtered to the atmosphere" style to keep the engine bay cleaner. I would like as much information on the cans as possible, if you do not mind. Cost? purchase location? Do they have internal baffling?
Old 10-12-2011, 08:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PVC Systems have there place depending on what you have and how you use them. Negative Crankcase pressure can be a good thing, as Stealth points out, as well as keeping your Oil Seal from leaking or blowing out.

You ever wonder why Racing cars have large Catch Can and Vacumn Evacuation pump/systems ?.. well these are some of the reasons and they will be of some benefit to street drive cars.

Emission is not the only reason to have a PCV system.

A correctly setup Breather system is another subject and how to use its setup. (IMO, most tend to be just a oily mess).

Just my 2 cents...

BC
Old 10-12-2011, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stealth71
This is how they are made to be run, inline of the regular system. PCV is a good thing because it keeps pressure on the rings.
Thats what boost is for My intake/heads/TB are crystal clean. Theres no way I'll vent back into the intake on my car. Ive finally killed my stock motor after 6 years at 620+rwhp(last dyno number, nothing current), and that was most likely due to changing the oil once every 2 years LOL.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tsnow678
What brand of catch cans are you using. I like the sealed ones versus the "filtered to the atmosphere" style to keep the engine bay cleaner. I would like as much information on the cans as possible, if you do not mind. Cost? purchase location? Do they have internal baffling?
Great Thread, here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...outing-ok.html
Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 AM
On The Tree

I got the Saikou dual can set-up, around $140 or so.

Quick Reply: Dual Catch Can Routing?