Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 EscaladeL92 pinouts needed e38. Also where is tach out sourced from? Pics attached

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:24 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Default 07 EscaladeL92 pinouts needed e38. Also where is tach out sourced from? Pics attached

I have the alldata chart for the main PCM pins and from that I can gather what some of these are but only about half. I no longer have convenient access to alldata so I need to source out the pinouts for these plugs Ive attached. I also do need see a tach line out from the PCM anywhere so any pointers on how to wire up the tach with one of these? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails 07 EscaladeL92 pinouts needed e38. Also where is tach out sourced from? Pics attached-l92_harness.jpg   07 EscaladeL92 pinouts needed e38. Also where is tach out sourced from? Pics attached-l92_harness-2.jpg   07 EscaladeL92 pinouts needed e38. Also where is tach out sourced from? Pics attached-l92_harness-3.jpg  
Old 10-17-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

This should help:
http://cjnn.xtremefabricator.com/lsx...sSchematic.JPG

Also, search for buddyholly's thread here on his truck LY6 swap. He had some details in there about how he got his tachometer to work.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:43 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Thanks Clint but I have that. I actually started with that but the LY6 and the L92 are pinned out differently so I sourced out the correct Escalade spread sheet as per your link from alldata but I still cant find pinouts for those harness plugs I posted? I know one is for the fuel pedal as I have the pins coming out of the PCM plugs but in the tangled mess of a harness laying on my floor its driving me nuts trying to trace out each wire I was really hoping to find info on those plugs and their pins precisely. I will search out Buddy Holly's tach set up now thanks
Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

PWTN relay control? Pin 59 in that schem you posted Clint. Im guessing this is to switch the relay on for the chassis power in a stock application yes? I dont need this if thats its only task my chassis is already wired.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:02 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Okay so after weeding through the harness in reverse it turns out that two of those plugs ( the round one and the black/brown/gray one ) are the BCM and the TCM plugs that come off the ECM harness. In my case Im running a t56 so turning it into a stand alone engine system only I have deleted them both. There are a couple of leads that loop in and back out of each of these plugs however so anyone horny to just start snipping needs to pay attention to the wiring schem or face the bs of adding in leads again.

The other plug with all the pink is the main power source that went to the under hood fuse/relay block. Most of those are for fuel and ign power and will be retained.

I cut a TON of that harness out though. Probably half of it already is gonzo its starting to look much cleaner but its beer o'clock now so Im done for today. Hope to have this biatch running soon

Quick Reply: 07 EscaladeL92 pinouts needed e38. Also where is tach out sourced from? Pics attached