Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gen 4 g body wagon swap dbw question

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gen 4 g body wagon swap dbw question

I have a new style 07 silverado 4.8 in my malibu wagon and the dbw pedal is not going to work.In the right position,it hits the framing around the column..but the pedal has a huge curve in it.Will camaro pedals interchange?
I have also yet to find anyone to tell me if i can use cruise since this is electronic throttle..and my car has factory cruise.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a new style 07 silverado 4.8 in my malibu wagon and the dbw pedal is not going to work.In the right position,it hits the framing around the column..but the pedal has a huge curve in it.Will camaro pedals interchange?
I have also yet to find anyone to tell me if i can use cruise since this is electronic throttle..and my car has factory cruise.
OK,with time and research i figured both out.The cruise will not work on 07up because the cruise goes through one or more body modules before it comes out so there is no wire from the computer for cruise.
As far as dbw pedal..im way over budget and the only other option was a Lokar pedal or customizing the one i had.Me and my bro in law came up with an idea.I made a steel bracket that mounts to the brake booster then the master cylinder holds it on and i mounted the pedal sideways,cut some length off of it and ran my factory cable end through the plastic pedel with no slack.Works like a charm.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Vette pedal wouldnt have worked?

Jon
PSI

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'