Sponsored by:

L92 swap gremlins with alternator and VATS

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
Do you have a working check engine light? I remember having some troubles before I had one hooked up (first test fires) but I can't remember the problem beyond the PCM making a bigger deal about it than I thought was necessary.

Some in depth information for you on that code...
Curiously how did you wire your SES light? Im running the same config I had with the last engine in this car which was an LS1. I wonder if they are different somehow and maybe the dang SES light is my troubles?
Old 10-31-2011, 11:17 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

GOT IT!

Go figure... Seems we wired the pink ign PCM circuit to bat and it dont like that... Late nights, too many beers, and getting older makes for interesting trouble shooting hahaha.

Hooked it up to ign and bingo problem solved. The time that took to discover but thats the thing with these damn codes how the hell do you get that out of those two codes? I was certain it was ECM related or some bizarre tune related issue after reading all the horror stories over at EfiLive forum about VATS issues and the e38 which is precisely why I bought HpTuners instead. Plus Im new as hell computer tuning so all in all a perfect storm for me to screw up the wiring and chase technology haha

Time for a Scotch. Thanks for the efforts fellas,mostly thanks for the ear

Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Good luck with the learning HPT/tuning.
I just received my Tuning School Beginners course yesterday. Was wondering how much you would get for $450, and knew as soon as I lifted the heavy box off my porch it was well worth it. 2 huge binders, CD and several quick-guide laminated sheets. Should be some fun reading.

Congrats again

Quick Reply: L92 swap gremlins with alternator and VATS