Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power steering below 1k rpm

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

The shims are in the cartridge that slides into the pump. There is a nut on the cartridge w/ a tiny filter in it. Once that nut is removed, the shims, [if any], are on the under side of the nut.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I had airation problems with the upper return port. Very noisy but seemed to work ok. Switched to the lower, fixxed it immediately.
Originally Posted by Old Geezer
I am dealing w/ a noisy pump. The pump was on a low mile 6.0/05 H2 engine I put in my 55.

Since you asked the ?, is there a preference as to which return to use??
Old 11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put it up on a jack today, lock to lock probably twenty times, checkd the level and topped it off.

dropped it to the ground, and with the engine a 600 rpm, i could turn the big 38.5/14.50 swampers on my truck.

Happy that this fixed it.

thanks guys
Old 11-16-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Thumbs up Ok...

Originally Posted by garys 68
I had airation problems with the upper return port. Very noisy but seemed to work ok. Switched to the lower, fixxed it immediately.
I had the return on the upper port. I will swap it to the lower port on the new pump.
Come to think of it, I noticed what could have been aeration, as I noticed bubbles in the oil when I checked the level. The longer I drove, the noisier the pump became....
With my luck, I had a good pump, but had plumbed it WRONG!!
[$165.00 later]

THANKS!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Old Geezer
I had the return on the upper port. I will swap it to the lower port on the new pump.
Come to think of it, I noticed what could have been aeration, as I noticed bubbles in the oil when I checked the level. The longer I drove, the noisier the pump became....
With my luck, I had a good pump, but had plumbed it WRONG!!
[$165.00 later]

THANKS!
ive done something similar to that... wasnt with steering. but i figured it was a bad part, was how i hooked it up. and yeah it was a spendy item.

I actually did it with a walbro 255 fuel pump. replaced it thinking it was my fuel pressure issue. ended up being return line issues.

so NOW I GOT FOR SALE A WALBRO 255 only ran for a week
Old 12-24-2013, 12:14 AM

so i have the exact same problem, no steering at low rpms, and i know exactly how i broke whatever it is i broke. I was doing donuts in the snow and right after that it happened. maybe that will be able to help you car people figure it out.

Quick Reply: No power steering below 1k rpm