Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

S&P MAF & Fresh Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S&P MAF & Fresh Air Intake

I have a S&P (Steet and Performance) integrated MAF housing that mounts directly to the throttle body on my LS2. I need to figure out what to do with the fresh air intake port that comes off the passenger side valve cover?

I've read everything from running this back to the cold air intake (pre MAF), putting a breather on it, capping it off, using a catch can, etc.

Note: the PCV system is unique to the LS2 so other LSX applications probably aren't relevant. Would appreciate any clarity on this.

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Hose Barb

I have the same S&P air filter/maf set up on my car and I believe when you order it there is a option that you can order it with a hose barb already fitted to the assembly, that is how I ordered mine and that is where I connected the hose that you are talking about. I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get the hose barb and install the same way S&P does if yours was ordered without it.
Old 11-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your input. I'm thinking you have the S&P with the air cleaner assembly that is right in front of the TB. Mine is designed to connect to a cold air intake tube so there is no provision for a fresh air port. You can look at the image @ www.hccperformance.com as a representation of what mine looks like (albeit less fancy)!

Fabricating one would require me to put it in front of the MAF so, so my question really comes down to whether or not you can connect the fresh intake in front of the MAF? (metered vs unmetered air).
Old 11-24-2011, 11:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Default fresh air hookup

I have the same setup as lizeec(air filter with hose barb for fresh air to valve cover for PCV) its in front of the MAF and has been running fine for over 2 years now. I know the factory put theirs after the MAF but I think this was only for convience and I dont think it makes a difference if the air is metered or not. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: S&P MAF & Fresh Air Intake