Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Ugly Betty LQ4 with a 4L60E into a 1966 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 10:50 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well we made it to LS Fest! 1000 miles round trip! only catch was a chirping accessory belt. Talked to Wayne from Kwik and he fixed it in 2 minutes! finally real customer service. Thanks Wayne. I used a pontiac montana P/S pulley and it needed to be pressed in the with of a dime more. Other than that the car averaged over 21 miles to the gallon at 75mph the whole way! Once again thanks to all of the members here who helped us complete this in time for the fest!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

It was nice to meet you!! Gives me reassurance with my swap!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Sixty5 it was nice talking to you also. Always nice to put a face to the name. The one bad thing about the internet no personal interaction Like I said if I can help I will or I will find the answer. Man it was a good time and at least I had positive comments. Good luck with your build I understand exactly where you are.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

Unhappy

Work has gotten in the way, so I now have a chance to update this. The Mrs and I went on the Hot Rod Power Tour. Drove from Detroit to Arlington with no problems! Leaving the Dallas area I jumped on it and the car set a 1518 code and went into "limp" mode/ idle only, broke out the scanner and cleared the code and all was ok until Little Rock. Same problem but I had difficulty clearing the code, check grounds, connections ect and even replaced the ground cable and added 2 more ground straps????? was advised to replace my throttle body (GM wanted $800) only $700 for Uhaul to get home so we took a chance and kept driving to Memphis without getting on it. No problems from Memphis to Detroit. I have been unable to duplicate the problem consistently.

With that being said I have decided to convert to DBC. The whole swap is less than the price of the Throttle body. Will update once I get all the parts in.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:39 PM
12 Second Club

OK PSI sent the new DBC harness and reflashed my computer. Hopefully this week I will get it installed for the Woodward cruise here in Detroit.

Quick Reply: Project Ugly Betty LQ4 with a 4L60E into a 1966 Mustang