Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newschool72 build pics....DONE !

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

im planning on taking the old girl out tomorrow for some break-in miles. only have about 20 in the clock, so im excited to cruze around some .it like taking the new baby out for the family to see.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 593 Likes on 471 Posts

[B][newschool72
/B]
Sweet ride! Doing everything can be very rewarding. Now for the questions. LOL.
What headers did you end up with? 1" setback LS swap plates? any chance of better headers pics? what is your ground clearance with the headers? What color blue did you end up with? Alot of questions. huh? Thanks in advance

I really hope you recovered from that nasty burn. I can only imagine (hope I NEVER find out) how painfull it was.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the complements . i went with what i think was the EZ route on the engine install. i used the BMR kit w their hedman hustler 1 7/8 coated headers.they clear everywhere, although alittle close on the brakeline on the pass side subframe. the top of the collectors are only about 1/2 in from the floorpans, so ground clearance is pretty good. the lowest clearance is the oilpan that hangs down about an inch lower that the headers. i used the GM muscle car pan( H2 Hummer pan, i think). the kit(BMR) is compatable with the f- body pan, i wish i had gone that route. the only real problem with the install was the crossmember in the kit wasnt set up for my 2004r trans. i just mocked it up on the subframe while it was off the car, got everything all lined up and drilled new holes in the subframe for the crossmember.no more problem! did u look at my walkaround vid on the carbed forum? it gives a frontal underside view that might show the ground clearance. the color on the car is Summits single stage Blue Metallic the black stripes are the same brand Black single stage. i covered it all in 4 coats of medium solids clear coat.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool build indeed. I especially like the paint scheme. I'm planning on doing something similar to your side stripes except instead of going over the trunk I was going to have them wrap around the back to black out the taillight panel. But I've been wondering how high to place the stripes and how thick to make them and yours are exactly what I was looking for. And the the stripe on the hood just ties it all in, I hadn't thought of that. Wonder if it would work on a standard hood. Guess I'll find out in a few years when I finally get to paint it
Old 12-04-2011, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks b&w. my thoughts when i did the stripes, other than covering my booboos, was to make a REVERSE hockey stripe ahla first gen, but with a twist.the car has parts or clues from all 4 of the f-body gens and the new camaro as well. first gen- cowl hood, hockeyish stripe...second gen-WELL....third gen- tranny....forth gen-seats.....new camaro-LS3 power. on another note, i took her out for a 30 mile cruze today. did very well. a little vibration that i think is probably because the tires set in one spot for a while (flat spots), but drove really good. i could let go of the steering wheel and it just flew straight as an arrow. pretty suprising sense i just eyeballed the alinment . on the twisty road, it handled better than a second gen has a right to. no body lean, very tight. i didnt mash on the throttle too much because i had my son and 5 yr old daughter in an untested car. overall im very happy so far! thanks for looking guys David
Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AWESOME Second-Gen! I love the Baldwin-Motion striping (even if it was by accident!)
Old 12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

aint it funny how lemons, if u mix them up just right, makes pretty good lemonaid . LOL. thanks for the complement.

Quick Reply: newschool72 build pics....DONE !