Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S10xGN
Useless without a link!
PM ME, ill send it to you.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

I use parker fittings at work to install hydraulic systems on tractor trailers. I am having a hard time figuring out what hose i need for fuel and if crimp fittings or reuseable ends are better. I cannot get ahold of my parker rep anyone know part numbers?
Old 12-31-2011, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Generally (but not always) JIC fittings are made of steel and AN fittings are made of aluminum. I always make my fuel lines out of steel, and try to keep the fitting the same material as the line. As a result, I prefer something harder/stronger than aluminum to make the connection. With a steel fitting, you can put a lot of muscle into tightening the fitting, and ensure that the face of the steel flare conforms and seals with the face of the steel fitting. With aluminum, you can't torque it down quite as much - you need to be more careful. On balance, the aluminum fitting is a little softer, so the sealing face may conform better when making the seal against the steel tubing.

Also, the steel JIC fittings are more forgiving (harder to mess up) than aluminum AN fittings.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:36 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FastKat
Generally (but not always) JIC fittings are made of steel and AN fittings are made of aluminum. I always make my fuel lines out of steel, and try to keep the fitting the same material as the line. As a result, I prefer something harder/stronger than aluminum to make the connection. With a steel fitting, you can put a lot of muscle into tightening the fitting, and ensure that the face of the steel flare conforms and seals with the face of the steel fitting. With aluminum, you can't torque it down quite as much - you need to be more careful. On balance, the aluminum fitting is a little softer, so the sealing face may conform better when making the seal against the steel tubing.

Also, the steel JIC fittings are more forgiving (harder to mess up) than aluminum AN fittings.
You've got to be pretty, um, stupid, to mess up an AN fitting tightening it - I've done hundreds and never once had a problem overtightening it. If it leaks with more than a little snug then it was probably out of spec.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm no pro, but if you have to be stupid to mess up an aluminum AN fitting, then you need to be a complete idiot to mess up a steel JIC fitting!

Originally Posted by 2efnfast
You've got to be pretty, um, stupid, to mess up an AN fitting tightening it.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Need of help I'm using the corvett fuel filter on my 94 impala ls swap single feed. my existen fuel lines plug right into the fuel filter but I need the fitting coming out of the filter ging into the fuel rail. I want to go with russell AN fitting I thinks its three part number
Old 01-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Are there some "on-line" stores that have good pricing on JIC fittings and PTFE hose?

If so, could you provide a link to them?

Thank you,
Old 01-15-2012, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Discount Hydraulic Hose for the fittings, haven't looked at their hose. $25 minimum order...
Old 11-28-2017, 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=87chev4x4;15785245I am having a hard time figuring out what hose i need for fuel and if crimp fittings or reuseable ends are better. I cannot get ahold of my parker rep anyone know part numbers?[/QUOTE]

You can get fuel line hose at a few specialty hose stores. As for crimp vs reuseable, I like crimp fittings better, but both are going to seal the same. It's just personal preference for me.

Quick Reply: JIC vs AN Fuel Fittings