Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New muffler recommendations please

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New muffler recommendations please

Hows it going everyone, lately ive been wanting to quiet my car down alittle more, i do love the sound now but i feel after 2 years its alittle much. I put the car on a lift yesterday and there is really no room to throw a muffler or a cat under the car because of ground clearance issues i would have. I just discovered that I have to buy 1 new vband clamp because mine actually got ripped halfway off from scraping.

Im probably going to throw 2 bullets inline to see if the quiets the car down to my liking but id eventually like to change the muffler also.

Anyone have good experience with mufflers other then this straight through vibrant that I have they could recommend I look into?

For reference, see below pics for my current ride height and a video of how the car currently sounds.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have stainless versions of that Vibrant on my turbo'd Fbody....in addition to a Magnaflow resonator. It's still raspier than I prefer, but the car is not tuned yet...so it might smooth out a bit once tuned. It's not going to be easy for you to make it quiet.....matter of fact, it's going to be tough to keep it really quiet. You might consider mods to the trunk (ie; cut and make room) to fit a decent muffler system in there.

I'm not sure how much room you have to work with, but check out my Miata build to see what we're doing for exhaust. The goal with that car is to be as quiet as reasonably possible, without hindering performance. I should have some sound clips of the car in the next week, as it's getting close to start up time. I'm not sure if that setup will even be applicable to yours in any way though.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by salemetro
I have stainless versions of that Vibrant on my turbo'd Fbody....in addition to a Magnaflow resonator. It's still raspier than I prefer, but the car is not tuned yet...so it might smooth out a bit once tuned. It's not going to be easy for you to make it quiet.....matter of fact, it's going to be tough to keep it really quiet. You might consider mods to the trunk (ie; cut and make room) to fit a decent muffler system in there.

I'm not sure how much room you have to work with, but check out my Miata build to see what we're doing for exhaust. The goal with that car is to be as quiet as reasonably possible, without hindering performance. I should have some sound clips of the car in the next week, as it's getting close to start up time. I'm not sure if that setup will even be applicable to yours in any way though.
Yeah, i thought if it came down to it about cutting the spare tire well out and getting it rewelded nice and flat, then I would be able to tuck a nice big muffler under there and keep it hidden. It would be nice and quiet after that ha.

Quick Reply: New muffler recommendations please