Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replace 5.3 truck intake question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replace 5.3 truck intake question???

I have a 5.3 chevy truck engine in a jeep. I want to replace the ruck intake with a different one. Anyone tell me which one would be the best for power torque and cosmetic looks??
Old 01-30-2012, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think the truck one is the best for power and torque. The only other cheap option would be a car intake, but it probably won't work with your accessory drive.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

There is a company that sells a bracket to intall a car manifold with trucks serpentine setup. $45 on ebay.
Old 01-30-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Truck intake is the best for torque, the car intake is better for hi RPM from what I've read. I have seen several threads on here where people have smoothed and painted the truck intake and it looks killer. F.A.S.T. makes a truck intake that looks just like the car intake just taller.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99VetteFRC
Truck intake is the best for torque, the car intake is better for hi RPM from what I've read. I have seen several threads on here where people have smoothed and painted the truck intake and it looks killer. F.A.S.T. makes a truck intake that looks just like the car intake just taller.
and u can use covers.. u were going to on the car intake except over the center.. about $120 ... lot less than all the car/truck intake swapping..

Sam
Attached Thumbnails replace 5.3 truck intake question???-red-truck-001.jpg   replace 5.3 truck intake question???-red-truck-004.jpg  
Old 01-30-2012, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Truck one and stock LS1 intake flow very simialr. Not worth the swap. The ytruck guys even stopped swapping the LS6 intakes as the gains were little.

But to swap to the car intake you can to change to the Gen IV truck water pump with the 45* outlet, move the idle pulley to a bolt hole on the alt bracket (Or buy a relocation bracket), and trim alt bracket allittle.

Now you can get a TBSS 90mm truck intake or the new Gen IV 4.8/5.3l intake as these will have larger 87mm thottle body. But get one to new and the MAP sensors hole are different.

Quick Reply: replace 5.3 truck intake question???