Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4 fuel line/regulator hook-up

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Default LQ4 fuel line/regulator hook-up

I have an LQ4 with the feed and return lines on the truck intake, also has the factory regulator on the fuel rails. I'm using an external Walbro 255L external pump. When the pump is on, there seems to be alot of "noise" around the fuel rails - like I can hear fuel spraying or moving or something. Should it be quiet? Wondering if I should run an aftermarket reg - poss that the factory reg is being stressed too much b/c of the Walbro pump?

Thanks

Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I unbolted and pulled the return line out of my fuel rail and plugged it off with a piece of 5/16 round stock. Then ran the A1000 regulator to the rail and ran -8AN for feed from the A1000 external pump and -6AN return from regulator to the tank sump. I was origionally gonna mount the regulator right to the fuel rail and when I put the engine in the car the regulator hit the wiper motor.
Attached Thumbnails LQ4 fuel line/regulator hook-up-dscn1080.jpg   LQ4 fuel line/regulator hook-up-dscn1132.jpg   LQ4 fuel line/regulator hook-up-dscn1181.jpg   LQ4 fuel line/regulator hook-up-dscn1063.jpg  

Quick Reply: LQ4 fuel line/regulator hook-up