Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cable driven t56 bellhousing fit to a 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cable driven t56 bellhousing fit to a 5.3

im starting a build on a 5.3/ t56 88 foxbody, i have a lot of questions i need to ask but the first of many would be where to get a bell housing that will work with the stock cable setup, i would also like to know what cross member i can use to hold the tranny in without too much modification. i would like to get all the setup done first so i can just drop in the parts and connect the systems over time.

EDIT: also, what would i have to do to make a GM power steering pump hook up to the factory power steering in the car? i would like to get that done when i do the k-member, which will be the beginning of next month.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Try an LT1 6 speed bell housing. They have a pull style cable on them.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:30 PM
Teching In

isnt the lt1 setup also hydraulic? i understand its different in some aspects but when i look it up i cant find any details.

im thinking i might just convert the car to a hydraulic setup, i was talking to my friend today who said for the daily driving i will do with it i would be better off with hydraulics anyways. unless its way cheaper to keep it cable im probably going to convert it.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:30 AM
Teching In

I have an LT1 bell housing I'll trade for an LS1 style if you go that route. Let me know.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by eggnore
isnt the lt1 setup also hydraulic? i understand its different in some aspects but when i look it up i cant find any details.

im thinking i might just convert the car to a hydraulic setup, i was talking to my friend today who said for the daily driving i will do with it i would be better off with hydraulics anyways. unless its way cheaper to keep it cable im probably going to convert it.
I would go with the hydraulic setup. LT1 T56 is also hydraulic, but the slave setup is different. It uses the hydraulic pressure to propel a rod into a fork that pushes the clutch away from the flywheel.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 155 Likes on 119 Posts

LT1 and LS1 are Hydraulic. The 03/04 Cobra is Cable..

I would stay Hydraulic and get a Speed Bleeder...that's what I did in my MCSS.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditch the cable,plenty of options cheap and fast to put a hydraulic master in your car,way simpler than jerking around with the bellhousing...

Quick Reply: cable driven t56 bellhousing fit to a 5.3