Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with DBW or DBC set-up????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with DBW or DBC set-up????????

OK hear it goes I'm new to fuel inj so any advice and help is greatly appreciated what I have is a 5.3 truck motor that I'm putting in my 70 chevelle this is going to be a tt set up so I changed to ls6 cam and springs and a ls1 intake now hear is wear i ran into a problem i was going to use the DBW set-up off of the truck so I bought the pedal and tach box etc. then I laid the harness out and could not find the plug that plugs into the TB. Now i did find one spot that has been cut on harness and it had 17 wires in that bundle. then I bought some 65# inj and found out they are EV6 plug and are for a ls3 so won't work with fuel rails and I was told the truck harness has it's own kind of plus for the inj. also the ecm I have says green plug on one side and blue plug on the other but the harness has red and blue plus. what I'm wondering is should I sell the harness I have and get a DBC or should I try to find a plug for the DBW and get a different ECM and change the inj plus. Now if anybody has a DBC harness they want to trade for a DBW harness thats only missing one plug let me know. if it helps the # on ECM are 12586242 and 12583660 any idea if this is DBW or DBC and what year thanks guys Josh

Quick Reply: Help with DBW or DBC set-up????????