Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Older Instrument Panel with LS1 PCM and wiring.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Older Instrument Panel with LS1 PCM and wiring.

Does anyone know if you can get a instrument panel from '93, if wired correctly, to work with a PCM and harness for an LS1. I like my instrument panel in my daily driver and it has all the gauges you'd typically want already. Could it be possible to wire it up just like wiring up a set of aftermarket digital gauges?
Old 04-11-2012, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sure ,,,,,the first thing needed would be wiring schematic ,,,,,,,,You may find it at Autozone in the repair help section online for free . Then follow each and every wire from the engine to the gauge cluster module/computer and to and from the PCM to the gauge cluster/module/computer and wire . Chances they use gauges that work off the same signal voltage and have the same resistance on the back of each gauge . But don't quote Me on that . The best thing You can do to find out for sure is to go to or call the dealer service dept and talk to a mechanic .
Old 04-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...to-95-z28.html

I just did my 94 with this as my guide, the connectors you need to splice into are in the passenger side kick panel, the connectors are blue, white, and a 4 pin black connector that has the big purple starter wire..mine works like factory.

Quick Reply: Older Instrument Panel with LS1 PCM and wiring.