Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick questions 6.0 swap into 95 gmc 1ton

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick questions 6.0 swap into 95 gmc 1ton

Ive got a great 95 gmc 1 ton 4x4. It needs a motor and trans. I also have a wrecked donor 2001 3500 silverado 4x4. Now i have some questions. I have built the motor mounts and cutting and welding is no prob. Both trucks have a 4l80e. This is my plan, use all the stuff from new truck trans,transfer case, motor, harness, fuel pump,and tank maybe even lines. Now both trucks have hydro boost steering and brakes. Should i use the ls pump or the tbi pump? Also will i be able to get away with the tbi gauge cluster? The new trucks cluster is broken and bloody. i have searched and searched. Also do you guys know the best way to hook up the signal to the front axle. Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You will need to use the OBS truck 4WD harness,should be easy to separate.The OBS guage cluster will work,use the oil and water senders from the old engine,you will need the PCM flashed for the tach and speedo as well as remove emissions,rear O2,etc. if you want that as well.The LS PS pump should do the job,you may want to confirm that.I just finished a 6.0 swap on my 98,it is a lot of work,but the new stuff is an evolution of the old trucks,just a bunch of little details that are different.This swap is likely the easist of the LS swaps,many have done it and the info is all over the internet and easy to find and follow.

Quick Reply: quick questions 6.0 swap into 95 gmc 1ton